NEMA Boston | 399 Congress St. | Seaport

Re: Residences at 399 Congress St (formerly Madison Seaport Hotel)

Construction mobilization has begun. Banker & Tradesman has an article. Foundation work commences this month with a completion date of Fall 2019. The Developer has set up a website.

HQ render:
(Click for full size 4000x2000)

I take back what I said previously based on the grainier render. There's some nice detail & sense of depth going on in this facade.

For how awkwardly shaped and placed this parcel is it looks like theyre still going to deliver a pretty good building.

From their website:

399_construction_map.jpg

It took me a minute to realize that this is showing the new road layout. The Congress St. median is going away entirely, as are most concrete islands. The sidewalk is getting MUCH wider.

HQ render:
(Click for full size 4000x2000)

I take back what I said previously based on the grainier render. There's some nice detail & sense of depth going on in this facade.

LOL.. did they really feel the need to stick both a Lambo and Ferrari in the rendering?

LOL.. did they really feel the need to stick both a Lambo and Ferrari in the rendering?

Where is the Calder Sculpture? And the little girl with a balloon.

cca

I would love everyone on this board who complains about renders to take a week long class on making these things so they would understand the short cuts necessary to make thing look this good without spending 2 months on the damn thing.

it ain't a watercolor sketch.

cca

The render doesn't look bad! I am not a huge fan of the white (or light gray) precast though. White precast can be good (Twenty20), but often comes out bland (Avalon North Station, 100 Pier 4). Even going with some other color like orange would really do a lot.

White precast can be good (Twenty20), but often comes out bland (Avalon North Station, 100 Pier 4).

I'm a little bit confused, mainly because Twenty20 is by far the shittiest building of the 3 listed. It looks even worse up close. It's basically North Point's version of Waterside Place.

I would love everyone on this board who complains about renders to take a week long class on making these things so they would understand the short cuts necessary to make thing look this good without spending 2 months on the damn thing.

it ain't a watercolor sketch.

cca

That class would actually be longer than what they give us about rendering in architecture school (0 hours, 0 minutes, 0 seconds).

This is another project where the delays paid off. imo almost every rendering of this project up until this one was awful.

This is another project where the delays paid off. imo almost every rendering of this project up until this one was awful.

Because in developer driven work, the renderings are done before the design even starts. Now that they have commitments they can move forward and show what it is really going to look like.

cca

The render doesn't look bad! I am not a huge fan of the white (or light gray) precast though. White precast can be good (Twenty20), but often comes out bland (Avalon North Station, 100 Pier 4). Even going with some other color like orange would really do a lot.

I dont see any white precast here. I see dark brown and dark grey.

The concrete patch on the lower left of the pic is where the m parcels are going in.

The concrete patch on the lower left of the pic is where the m parcels are going in.

Wow, that means with the M parcels (Echelon) and this apartment building, they'll be almost 1200 units just in this corner of the Seaport alone.

Bets on Ned having a unit overlooking the vent stacks?

It would've been great if they could somehow connect this with Summer St via pedestrian ramp or something...

Theres going to be a stair case directly next door up to summer st in the seaport square development. This is directly to the right and across the street of the render above. This is going to be a major pedestrian corridor for the people in the neighborhood moving between the elevations of the streets. If you picture in your head this being directly next door and the M parcels across the street this is going to be a very lively and interesting area.

To the right of the tower

020217StairRendering.jpg

Then you've got this directly to the left of the tower as well.

147055_00_N7.jpg

Finally parcel M across the street

phpNLZT5N.jpg

Last edited:

that's WHAt I SaId

Back