NEMA Boston | 399 Congress St. | Seaport

You know, every time I see this building I think how much better the panels look in person than in photos. They really look like crap in most photos (including mine here), but in person they do a reasonably good job at pretending to be slate or something else much nicer.

You know, every time I see this building I think how much better the panels look in person than in photos. They really look like crap in most photos (including mine here), but in person they do a reasonably good job at pretending to be slate or something else much nicer.

Agreed. This is coming out great in person. I'm a big fan. It looks like what the nearby Yotel on Seaport Blvd. could have been at a smaller scale if they had gone with better materials.
As a side note, the amenity offerings at NEMA appear to be quite good and extensive, at least based on paper and on renderings. Unit sizes, however, are all quite small, maxing out at ~1500sqft for a 3bd @ ~8.5-9K/mo. (at the time of this post).

Now that some of these projects are getting close to completion on their exteriors, as a long removed person from the area, some of these views, like Poolio's last picture, makes this area look like a totally different city to me. Really incredible.

Now that some of these projects are getting close to completion on their exteriors, as a long removed person from the area, some of these views, like Poolio's last picture, makes this area look like a totally different city to me. Really incredible.

Just wait until the view in that last one is completely blocked by the Block P and Block N semi-faux-industrial towers.

Looks good.

Could someone tell my why this building, even as wide as it is, looks a lot taller than 20 stories?

i think it looks about 18 or 20ish from most of the pics.
i also wish the Sheraton complex (w/ its similar massing) could get this treatment

Back