New Lansdowne St.

... F-ing RAMIREZ.

They probably have insurance for home run damage and more broken windows probably gives TV exposure to the club, especially if they're historic.

having been to many of the House of Blues venues (including Las Vegas and New Orleans) it looks like this venue, like the Las Vegas venue in the Mandalay Bay hotel, will have a large general admission floor area (with perhaps the ability to add seats for the rare sit down concert that may be held here) and then a large and rather steep balcony area with reserved seating.

The avalon had a small area on top, which was almost never used. I think maybe the band manager got to sit there.

The Palladium has a large balcony area (maybe with seats) and they never open it, even for sold out shows.

So it seems weird that theyd want that here.

Id much prefer a "pit" at a grade, and with small levels, like the palladium, which provides the best viewlines.

The avalon had a small area on top, which was almost never used. I think maybe the band manager got to sit there.

The Palladium has a large balcony area (maybe with seats) and they never open it, even for sold out shows.

So it seems weird that theyd want that here.

Id much prefer a "pit" at a grade, and with small levels, like the palladium, which provides the best viewlines.

the way the balcony was built at the Las Vegas House of Blues, you are right on top of the stage when you sit up there. In fact some of the seats on the side of the balcony area are actually adjacent to the stage, The balcony is a great spot in terms of sight lines and sound and it has its own bar up there. Maybe I am just getting old but when it is so packed on the floor that you can barely move, I rather be in the balcony with plenty of room and a bar and bathroom steps away. The balcony at the Vegas H.O.B. is not at all comparable to the balcony at Avalon and the Palladium or any other music venue I have been to in the Boston area. It's more of a circular balcony than your typical concert venue balcony. I hope they do the same with the Boston one as the set up in Vegas is great (except for the bathroom attendants which are totally unnecessary at a concert, if not everywhere.

From last weekend

IMG_6419.jpg

What's with the fake pediments? It looks like they're building a Lowe's and Home Depot there.

^^They're probably going to do a very bad-looking imitation of the old facades, I just wish they went all new, at least it won't look like disjointed crap.

^^They're probably going to do a very bad-looking imitation of the old facades, I just wish they went all new, at least it won't look like disjointed crap.

Durring the Article 80 Review by the BRA, the Boston Landmarks Comission wrote a Provisional Notice of Determination which stated that the historic street facade must be saved or the Owner face review under Article 85, which would have been a major delay.

At the time the facade was going to be save, however once demolition started it was found that the wall of the structure were built in 3-4 foot cold poured virtical lifts with absolutly no vertical rebar. The entire facade was like a set up unfasened buiding blocks. It had to come down.

As far as why the facade stayed, it was because they were trying not to have the bulk of lets say the Mandorin. The set back on the Intermidate level provides a bit more of an open feel to the street.

Wild West shoot outs will occur at 12, 2, and 5:30 Mon-Thursday and every hour Fri and Saturday.

The Landsdown tumble used to come after the weed.

Please don't make fun of these photos........downtown Detroit needs all the investment that it can get.

i think it's gonna look friggin terrible. although, it didn't look particularly good before. i don't get the canival theme the lyons group seems to love.

It's a cruise ship without the water, waves, weather, the sketchy serial rapist and murderer crew, bacteria laden buffets, bubbly blonds in bikinis, and crooked gambling. But hey, at least you can still buy overpriced booze, get hit on or return the favor to way too old or to young drunk people, play pool, bowl like a fricken' god, listen to really loud music, and dance like a moron on slightly uneven surface.

For the 'premiere' nightclub district in the city Lansdowne is a joke. I sincerely hope the existing garages and souvenir stores are removed soon for more clubs. It would also be nice if something was done to make Ipswich street not look like a chop shop alley in Dorchester.

It's difficult to do much with Ipswich street when one side of it is hard against the Turnpike.

I meant the two level parking garages and auto repair places that follow the street edge from Arts/Fenway H.S. down.

If the Shell Station was closed and the school moved elsewhere, Ipswich St could be re aligned with Park Drive to cut out the double intersection. A gateway building on the corner, with a stretch of restaurants and housing/studio space above along Ispwich could draw people down to Lansdowne. A replacement of the current TransNational building, with housing facing Gaston Square on Boylston street, and some sort of lower level entertainment venue facing Ipswich, could eliminate the dead stretch between Jillian's and Charlesgate.

Back