New Logo for aB?

kennedy

Reaction score
Hey Briv, this is up to you but I was thinking we could have some members give entries into a design competition for a new logo/header. The old gold/black/white is nice, but it feels a little outdated. It could coincide with the aB Awards and the Best Photo thing, possibly.

What does everyone think?

I'm up for it although i can't make one. lol.

I remember briv made a full vb theme, but it was to dark or something and people didn't like it.

Easier said than done. People are very conservative by nature, apparently. That's fine with me. The old logo has been called ugly, but it's taken on a classic patina. I like it.

Like KZ'z quote: Politicians, Ugly Buildings, and Whores all get respectable over time.

Ya I like the logo as is. It is really just the site's prefect identity to me.

ok, i know this thread died a while ago, and i am not a big poster here, but i was bored today and tried my hand at a new logo. Im bad with photo editing and stuff, but hey i tried. It is basicly the website name over Copley sq.

3259794916_b6142b70cb.jpg

Nice try but I think it is too much like the Bostonist.com logo.

Not bad, but the font is kind of cliche. The Copley idea wasn't bad though.

idea #3 bring some of the gold back in
nqr0w3.jpg

idea #4 then add some maroon
250iczd.jpg

and im done for now. ms paint gets on one's nerves quite easily.

Sorry guys, don't like any of these more than the current logo.

could we at least fill the letters in the current logo?

I was tooling around with photoshop this week and came up with this. its not particularly unique or interesting, but I thought you guys might like to see it anyways

archbostonweb.png

alternately:
archbostonweb2.png

heh, i was going more for the construction angle

wwixc1.jpg

I'll stick with Apple's trend, refinement over reinvention. Mostly because I really like the splash page better than the banner. So then, I decided to try my hand at the splash page.

2zsqxef.jpg

We should use the logo that Castevens created for emporis. They didn't use it, it's better than theirs, so we should slap on an AB logo and use it here. It's posted here some place, I can't find though.

Back