North End / Downtown Small Infill Projects

JohnAKeith

Reaction score
I saw a deed was recorded today for the parcels at 358-366 Hanover Street, in the North End. This is a five/six-story apartment building facing the Paul Revere Mall and a one-story retail/office shop next-door.

The shop is new (during past 100 years) because on either side the buildings' walls don't have any windows, so something was there, previously.

Obviously, nothing of any height could be put up but something 5-stories might even be of right! But that would be too easy, right?

There's an empty lot behind it, a courtyard apparently, that the Archdiocese owns. That could complicate plans depending on the way the wind blows, by which I mean, depending on the way the sun shines.

https://twitter.com/BostonHBD/status/1129491809049219077

odurandina

Reaction score
it's nice to see good infill.

Most of it is has been very good.

cjbski

Reaction score
At least they got rid of those ugly concrete lampposts.

George_Apley

Not a Brahmin
Staff member
Reaction score
Given that we have small infill threads for many distinct neighborhoods and this has evolved into a North End thread, I'm going to rebrand this for Downtown and North End small infill projects. Holla back if you have some strong disagreement.

whighlander

Reaction score
Given that we have small infill threads for many distinct neighborhoods and this has evolved into a North End thread, I'm going to rebrand this for Downtown and North End small infill projects. Holla back if you have some strong disagreement.
George -- could call it North End Towers -- leaning and otherwise 🙃

BeeLine

Staff member
Reaction score

cden4

Reaction score
I really hate that with many park renovations lately the City refuses to put benches in them. I'm guessing they're trying to discourage homeless people, but it seems like a really flawed strategy. People need comfortable places to sit!