Northeastern eyes dorms

Is free food involved in any way, shape, or form? Otherwise, I'm not sure that two "very"s are necessary.

Well--actually--if the school plays its cards right then free food may be involved. But that's the last detail I'm sharing before a formal announcement.

its well into tomorrow. Announcement fail. I want my money back.

That's can't be it. There is no way someone would waste an extra 'very' on an announcement about a food truck.

Well, what is it?

If it's the food truck announcement, dshoost88 gets 2 demerits for toying with our emotions.

I'm concerned, he was literally bursting at the seams yesterday. That sounds very painful, perhaps he had to be rushed to the hospital?

It's not the food truck announcement.

I swear, there is exciting news regarding an amazing change at Northeastern, and I was told the formal announcement was supposed to be released in today's Northeastern News. As soon as I see a story/statement released on the project, I'll be sure to post it here first thing.

Northeastern is merging with Northwestern University, Southern University, and Southwestern University to create All-Compass-Points University.

Food Truck is a big big announcement

Imagine in a skant 60 to 70 years -- people will be vieing 9on whateever successor there is to Ebay) for that NU food truck (remember that its a "just pre-All-Compass-Octants U) in much the same way as the old Worcester diners are in demand today

At this point if Northeastern announces anything less than the world's tallest tower designed by the reanimated corpse of Frank Loyd Wright, I'm going to be very disappointed.

It's now past 3pm... I've had this thread on auto-refresh since 7am!

Not only do I want my money back, but I demand compensation for my emotional trauma.

dshoost, we break news on the regular based purely on hearsay. Out with it!

Maybe it's this?

Tim Love, an associate professor in the School of Architecture, was named one of the Boston Globe’s Top 25 Most Stylish Bostonians of 2011.

TimLove110.jpg

Published (09/21/2011)

Not only do I want my money back, but I demand compensation for my emotional trauma.

Fear-not!! I bring you tydings of good if not great news from NU --- and its about Architecture and fashion:
http://www.northeastern.edu/news/stories/2011/09/timlove.html

Bringing style to casual
Tim Love, an associate professor in the School of Architecture, was named one of the Boston Globe’s Top 25 Most Stylish Bostonians of 2011.
September 21, 2011
Tim Love waits patiently for sales at high-end clothing stores, such as Louis Boston and Barneys New York.....The self-proclaimed “most casually dressed man in the room” was recently named one of The Boston Globe’s Top 25 Most Stylish Bostonians of 2011.

Love, an associate professor in the School of Architecture and the founding principal at the Boston design firm Utile, dresses down in the classroom and for client meetings. “I’m very careful not to be seen as the consultant in the blue blazer,” he says. “Sometimes that works in my favor.”

Here's the scoop. Several classmates and I received details about a project last night that I was sworn not to share until those details were made public via the Northeastern News. HOWEVER, there is technically no harm in discussing what has been made public by the Northeastern News, so here's the little blurb about the project:

http://www.northeastern.edu/news/stories/2011/08/renovations.html

Summer renovations bring upgrades to campus facilities
August 29, 2011

"Across Krentzman Quad, nine new classrooms have been added to Richards Hall. The University Honors Program will be relocated from West Village F, a move that will provide space in that building for a new Visitor’s Center and offices for Admissions staff currently based at Richards Hall, May said. "

So the project in question is the new Visitor's Center at Northeastern. To some of you skyscraper aficionados, this news is a waste of time, so I apologize for getting your hopes up. But when the rest of you see the models/plans for this place--as well as the finished product, which is opening A LOT sooner than I would've anticipated--you will understand the revolutionary implications of this project.

Back