Northeastern University - Institutional Master Plan

This is going to look fantastic. There is still room for good architecture at NU...

That's a sexy looking facade, but I am having trouble placing it on this render. Anyone have an idea of where this piece would be?

exterior-day.jpg

That's a sexy looking facade, but I am having trouble placing it on this render. Anyone have an idea of where this piece would be?

exterior-day.jpg

It looks like the elbow on the third floor of the rear wing.

Who did the landscaping/grounds design for NU when they did all the WV stuff? It's so nicely done. I actually very much look forward to further changes on this campus since what exists now is so pleasantly laid out. It would be nice if Wentworth's new development could continue the path network through their campus as well.

This is going to look fantastic. the materials look quality. What a difference between this and the YMCA. How can one institution build both?

The YMCA building was built by an outside developer as opposed to Northeastern, which probably accounts for some of the difference in quality.

It looks like the elbow on the third floor of the rear wing.

That was my guess. Looks like a faux double façade of scrim wall over glass on the higher rise portion of it.

Should look sharp. Too bad (and good too thank god) I
will be graduated by then.

This is going to look fantastic. the materials look quality. What a difference between this and the YMCA. How can one institution build both?
The GrandMarc was not built by Northeastern, but by a private, for-profit developer.

sv1jqv0X7QZ.jpg

GrandMarc at University of Virginia, Charlottesville.

GrandMarc in Charlotte for Johnson & Wales
http://www.phoenixpropertyco.com/cityview-towers.html

Northeastern's GrandMarc looks positively stunning by way of comparison.

I don't have any pictures, but a mobile crane's been onsite the last few days and steel is up above street level.

I don't have any pictures, but a mobile crane's been onsite the last few days and steel is up above street level.

Nice. I have 4 more weeks of classes, and graduation in May. I'm going to have to venture across the tracks if we have a nice day or two.

Looks like they've got a few floors of steel up! Can anyone with a good camera get some pics?

This doesnt really have an appropriate home - but it would either be Longwood, NE or Wentworth so Im just gonna drop it here:

BRA to create Huntington Ave. design guidelines
The Boston Redevelopment Authority (BRA) is in the process of creating design guidelines for Huntington Avenue between Massachusetts Avenue and Longwood Avenue, known as “The Avenue of the Arts.” The first meeting is planned for March 24.

The BRA is inviting interested residents, business and property owners, students, and institutional stakeholders to provide input on what the BRA should include in its guidelines during the four-month process.

According to a BRA email, this will be the first of four public meetings and will include a discussion of the goals and objectives for the study and an introduction to the consultant team recently hired by the BRA.

The meeting is planned for March 24, 6 to 8 p.m., in the Wentworth Institute of Technology Flanagan Campus Center. More information is available through BRA liaison David Grissino at David.Grissino@boston.gov.
From this link

I wonder when construction of the ARC will begin?

As usual, the MBTA's slowness is messing everything up. This project was supposed to be built simultaneously with the new Ruggles Commuter Rail platform and was permitted as such. The whole construction plan took that into consideration. Idk what's going on anymore in terms of phasing.

Back