Northeastern University - Institutional Master Plan

Not sure what it contains, but there is a structure under that slope.

https://flic.kr/p/NFfgi8,

Sorry to bump this for an old update, but Google Maps also shows a contiguous foundation in this location under the "hill", rather than just solid fill or a separate structure:
U2PtARD.jpg

^The interior lobby is masterful. I'll get pics for y'all soon.

Downburst, are you an insider enough to know if the Arc bridge is still going to happen?

Ha! No, I'm not an insider, just an alum who still has his student ID. :)

My impression regarding the Arc was that the CR stop improvements to Ruggles Station had to be made prior to the bridge getting built.

Downburst, are you an insider enough to know if the Arc bridge is still going to happen?

Somewhere on the Northeastern website it confirms what downburst said. The ARC will be built simultaneously with the T platform project.

Provost Bean has indicated that a new home for D'Amore McKim will be the next project. Any info on where that would be?

Per the discussion of the legal complaint raised by the Fenway CDC (discussion at #465);

http://www.archboston.org/community/showthread.php?t=4183&page=24

are the 21 story + 16 story dorm towers now delayed in legal mire??

or will they break ground?

Northeastern gets dorm go-ahead

The Boston Redevelopment Authority board has approved Northeastern’s plan to build a 20-story, 800-bed residence hall on Burke Street, voting on Thursday to unanimously green-light the multi-use project following a period of robust community input. The building, which will be privately operated, will address Northeastern's commitment—as well as the city of Boston’s desire—to bring more students into campus housing.

Ha! No, I'm not an insider, just an alum who still has his student ID. :)

My impression regarding the Arc was that the CR stop improvements to Ruggles Station had to be made prior to the bridge getting built.

This is correct. Ruggles is back on track (I've heard CDs have resumed) so the Arc should be following.

This is correct. Ruggles is back on track (I've heard CDs have resumed) so the Arc should be following.

I was in a meeting this past summer where the design documents for the ARC were being reviewed by commuter rail, engineering and maintenance, and design departments of the MBTA. I'm not expert enough to know what design stage they were at then, but the bridge is very much on its way to getting built; everyone from Northeastern, MBTA, and the engineering firm designing the thing is on board.

I was in a meeting this past summer where the design documents for the ARC were being reviewed by commuter rail, engineering and maintenance, and design departments of the MBTA. I'm not expert enough to know what design stage they were at then, but the bridge is very much on its way to getting built; everyone from Northeastern, MBTA, and the engineering firm designing the thing is on board.

Some of the lighting for Ruggles gets suspended from the Arc & architectural lighting for the Arc needed to be taken into account for the effect it had on the Ruggles platform lighting scheme.

The Arc has been ready. It was the T that was dragging on Ruggles & this holding up the Arc.

Got inside over the weekend....

Not the greatest pic but there's a 200 seat auditorium...
BoYNuqf.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
^Great, thanks for the pics!

I am officially dizzy after looking at that staircase!

The drawings of the lobby showed the underside of the spiral staircase to be lime green. Not sure if that would have been better.

Sorry to say "bump" but want to put these pics on the next page.

Back