Omni Hotel @ BCEC | Summer St | Seaport

FYI, I don't believe this was a ground breaking for the hotel. It apparently was a welcome reception for Omni and team following the announcement that they were selected earlier this year.

Good stuff.

6EtQ70o.png

W5ZsTjn.png

pHaW80v.png

s7nwJL1.png

JgQVVKW.png

mdihBnM.png

jQUJbKE.png

WUJmjB2.png

kBtobN9.png

RRn6ty4.png

NMgPHbT.png

WcfqiyE.png

oBuEQ6S.png

Kl0M2k5.png

QUTFw2W.png

datk3pP.png

aQtnACP.png

p29ghKA.png

aXgmogj.png

19omc2q.png

Kjza2Aw.png

HFSaxEf.png

Gqz2LmA.png

CUPgYYE.png

Qlr1S2V.png

Last edited:
That second-to-last render is the most important, IMO. This and the transportation center, along with Waterside B, will make the overpass feel a lot less like a wind-blasted nowhere.

This will be great to urbanize the area but the proposal looks like the inside of a dog's asshole

It's a great background building that allows all the other great background buildings in the area to really shine.

At least Elkus refrained from going full confetti on the fascade variations. This is restrained in palate and repeats variations on themes. It looks more or less like an architect designed it, for a change.

At least Elkus refrained from going full confetti on the fascade variations. This is restrained in palate and repeats variations on themes. It looks more or less like an architect designed it, for a change.

:clap:

That second-to-last render is the most important, IMO. This and the transportation center, along with Waterside B, will make the overpass feel a lot less like a wind-blasted nowhere.

...and make it feel more like a wind-blasted office park instead.

So now we have the awning over the sidewalk (which does look little like a wind-enhancing airfoil to me), plus a massive gerbil tube over the haul road? And a giant a driveway / drop off zone on Summer St?

Better would be:

- partial decks over the haul road on either side of WTC ave - maybe 30-50 feet.
- use it for a wide sidewalk, and some 1 floor light retail (make it a hudson news to complement the frequent-flyer vibe)
- put the gerbil tube behind the retail, as part of a single integrated structure, if you must have a climate controlled connection from the hotel to the garage (and to the BCCC via the ped tunnel). Consider making the retail accessible from the gerbil tube as well - consider it part of the extended lobby environment.

...if you're going to do the structural hard work of spanning the haul road with a gerbil tube, why not make an integrated structure that creates a coherent st.l wall on WTC ave?

Bland, boxy and uninspired. Quintessential New New Boston. This will fit nicely with the rest of Seaport Stumpopolis.

Also, WTF?

kunNnnQ.png

dUNJQ54.png

Note: I realize it's not their parcel where the disjointed walkway happens, but I'd at least have cheated in the renders/plans and showed it connected. Or showed a dashed line fixing the SBWTC canopy alignment.

Last edited:
Another big gap in the Seaport to get filled and with much need hotel and meeting space. Will the Omni have a weather protected connection to the Convention Center as it looks like it has to the parking garage?

Another big gap in the Seaport to get filled and with much need hotel and meeting space. Will the Omni have a weather protected connection to the Convention Center as it looks like it has to the parking garage?

Yes. See Level B-1 plan - "BCEC Connector" in the southwest corner. There's an abandoned tunnel to the hotel parcel from the BCEC they dug when they built the BCEC (that made headlines earlier this year when this proposal came to life).

Yes; they're activating the pedestrian tunnel under Summer Street (see 2nd image in datadyne007's post).

Bland, boxy and uninspired. Quintessential New New Boston. This will fit nicely with the rest of Seaport Stumpopolis.

From the air, yeah, I'd agree but from a sidewalk point of view (where most people will view the Seaport from), I couldn't disagree more.

Back