One Greenway (Parcel 24) | 0 Kneeland Street | Chinatown

he/she decided to make it disappear into the background as much as possible (basically a gray nothing on a gray highway).

i also posted this opinion (earlier) that they were trying to make it blend in with the Expressway 'cave wall....'

If it helps motorists be less distracted then; its existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible, probably saves lives.

Well, they needed somewhere for snow to pile up and eventually leak into the building.

I sure hope those aren't apartments on the first floor there.......Residents would never be able to go to sleep calmly.

The building is 100% residential, so yes those are affordable condos on the first floor. But Hudson street is pretty quiet. I suspect the 3rd and 4th floors up at highway level will be much noisier.

The building is 100% residential, so yes those are affordable condos on the first floor. But Hudson street is pretty quiet. I suspect the 3rd and 4th floors up at highway level will be much noisier.

Not worried about the noise. Worried about privacy and drunks (and worse) on the sidewalk late at night on a sidestreet downtown. Unless its 4 inch thick glass in those windows, there's no way I would feel safe going to sleep in one of those apartments.

Not worried about the noise. Worried about privacy and drunks (and worse) on the sidewalk late at night on a sidestreet downtown. Unless its 4 inch thick glass in those windows, there's no way I would feel safe going to sleep in one of those apartments.

While not perfect, this neighborhood is a lot safer than you may remember. Many of the row houses on adjacent streets have removed their ground floor window grates, with no ill effects.

Sure there are still some late night drunks, but it is not the scene that might have existed 20 years ago. Gentrification.

You know a nice stone ledge transitioning from the brick to the top material would go a long way into turning the tides on this one.

I agree with the sentiment but it's hard to be critical of these types of affordable units. The capital stack required to pull these developments together is extremely complicated and budgets impossibly tight. So while stone trim maybe nice, other residential amenities for the occupants should take preference, microwave, washer/dryer, etc.

They couldnt do 100% prefab brick here? That has to be around the same price as the whatever tf that other stuff is?

Definitely still some sports available to build on Tyler and Hudson... both north and south of Kneeland.

Definitely still some sports available to build on Tyler and Hudson... both north and south of Kneeland.

Although I hear the Whereswaldo environmental remediation costs on some of those parcels can be ruinous--worse than asbestos & lead abatement combined.

Although I hear the Whereswaldo environmental remediation costs on some of those parcels can be ruinous--worse than asbestos & lead abatement combined.

What the hell was previously on these parcels?!

there was this strange gremlin there that i decided to leave up there.

you could make it go away by nudging it with the cursor.

Hah. Awesome I didn't even see that the first time.

It is true that theres major environmental cleanup that would have to be done but its on that circular plot behind the steam plant.

Looks like we lost another (maybe two) row house on Tai-Tung St. & Tyler from that map - I was hoping they were just going to rehab it.

Back