One Post Office Square Makeover and Expansion | Financial District

I, for one, will miss the original. At least it had a bit more context with the surroundings.

IMG_0188.jpeg

+1. We don't really need another anonymized boring glass box. Spice this baby up any way possible. I hope the red is lit at night.

I agree, though it'd be interesting to see what some alternatives might have looked like. I'd have been a fan of deep green in homage to the Celtics, or Black & Gold for the Bruins, etc., as possibilities. I'm not even a big sports fan; I just like the civic aspect. But I definitely agree that bold red is better than plain box.

I agree, though it'd be interesting to see what some alternatives might have looked like. I'd have been a fan of deep green in homage to the Celtics, or Black & Gold for the Bruins, etc., as possibilities...

They should have done this with the towers by the Garden.

I agree, though it'd be interesting to see what some alternatives might have looked like. I'd have been a fan of deep green in homage to the Celtics, or Black & Gold for the Bruins, etc., as possibilities. I'm not even a big sports fan; I just like the civic aspect. But I definitely agree that bold red is better than plain box.

I imagine red was chosen as a homage to the historic brick color most of Old-Boston is built from.

Back