One Post Office Square Makeover and Expansion | Financial District

Eaton Vance apparently leases 340,000 square feet at Two International Place.

Already reported upthread, but here's the Globe's piece:

Interestingly:
Early in its search process, Eaton Vance considered moving out of Boston, and also out of state, Cataldo said. But the century-old fund firm decided it was critical to stay in the Financial District, the epicenter of the region’s mutual fund industry, even if it would have saved money on rent somewhere else.

Cataldo said he doesn’t expect all employees will come in five days a week once the pandemic is over. They’ve been coming in on a part-time basis since the start of the summer. He said the office currently can be 30 to 40 percent occupied on the busiest days — usually Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays — and expects those numbers to further increase in the coming months.

Last edited:
With how fast the other parts of this building went, I would've thought this thing would be wrapping up by now.

12/5

IMG_6825 by David Z, on Flickr

Going to lose part of the 2 IP view from within downtown once they buff out that corner.

IMG_6855 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_6857 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_6859 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_6860 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_6861 by David Z, on Flickr

Not a fan of the huge glass wall. Looks pretty bad on the skyline too in the few places it's visible.

IMG_6862 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_6864 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_6866 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_6867 by David Z, on Flickr

IMG_6872 by David Z, on Flickr

3E914647-FF44-41CA-A1EB-800B30305A7C.jpeg

I will say that seeing it in person that the glass is pretty boring blue glass, but in Post Office Square, this glass box looked really nice against all the old-school gray granite/stone, etc.

the original windows are visible through the cladding. as i understood it, the overcladding was to accommodate floors where orgs couldn't be temporarily relocated, letting them continuously work in the building.

it seems an odd and extensive accommodation / design with the top half overclad and bottom half just new cladding. in hindsight, it seems all new cladding would've been faster/cheaper/less complex.

Back