One Post Office Square Makeover and Expansion | Financial District

It's an unlit version of the Bank of America Plaza in Dallas

Don't forget "Boston proportioned." BOA Dallas is over 900'! We should have something approaching this height in both Back Bay and Kendall, but instead probably will never surpass the Hancock.

We'll always be comparing our "60% as tall" versions of buildings to other cities' towers.

1678818005766.png

Yep, 45 Province St. Check out Hailey Henry on the ground floor if you’re into funky wine bars. I’ve heard MAST, the other ground floor restaurant, is good too but haven’t been.

If only they had done to 45 province’s blank wall what kz1000 had suggested in 2010, I liked it then and still like it better now.

https://archboston.com/community/threads/45-province-st-downtown-crossing.1087/post-109912

I was just in NYC (see NYC thread for ongoing updates over the next couple of weeks) and one thing that struck me was that many of the highrises had blank sides that were just like a total "FU" to any sense of common decency. We're talking 400'-600'+ buildings where an entire side would just be blank concrete, not even painted. Basically they left these buildings looking like they were still U/C, except with no signs of actual construction happening. These buildings make the blank black wall of 45 Province look like a masterpiece.

On the other hand, NYC is also up to about 50 buildings taller than the Hancock, and the supertalls aren't half-assed like the standard filler skyscrapers, so from a macro perspective the blank walls do little to no visual damage. They'll still jarring up close. For instance look at this one near ESB. Who the hell decided this was OK?

EDIT here's another one a block further down the same cross street.

This is interesting. Goulston's current offices are quite nice (or at least they were pre-COVID).
When your billing rates exceed $800/hour why have quite nice when you can have wicked nice. Also, weren't they sort of spread out across a few buildings?

I was just in NYC (see NYC thread for ongoing updates over the next couple of weeks) and one thing that struck me was that many of the highrises had blank sides that were just like a total "FU" to any sense of common decency. We're talking 400'-600'+ buildings where an entire side would just be blank concrete, not even painted. Basically they left these buildings looking like they were still U/C, except with no signs of actual construction happening. These buildings make the blank black wall of 45 Province look like a masterpiece.

On the other hand, NYC is also up to about 50 buildings taller than the Hancock, and the supertalls aren't half-assed like the standard filler skyscrapers, so from a macro perspective the blank walls do little to no visual damage. They'll still jarring up close. For instance look at this one near ESB. Who the hell decided this was OK?

EDIT here's another one a block further down the same cross street.
They are probably just assuming the site next door will eventually be developed so that it covers the blank wall

Back