45 Province St | Downtown Crossing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 45 Province St

HDR: the autotune of digital photography.

Yep, but I don't think this is HDR. Looks to me like a case of the saturation getting bumped up without any regard for how terrible the effect is. Note the color shift on the left side of the buildings. The textured terra cotta panels on 45 have lost all definition, and the red is bleeding to the point where they look flat and featureless.

can someone photoshop out just the black part of the building w/the sign and bring the two sides together so we can see how it could have looked with just glass and terracota like the otherside

Yeah, that's not HDR, just some overbaked saturation. If it was HDR, the shadows on the Beacon Hill buildings wouldn't be pitch black.

Here's my 15 minute Paintbrush attempt... I accidentally saved it as a jpeg which is why the image quality is a bit blurry (Paintbrush hates jpeg), but I also toned down the ridiculous saturation. And the middle strip of windows actually has metal panels there instead, figuring there are elevators behind them.

5040318303_a51177bf61_b.jpg

Still kinda shit, but maybe 60-70% better.

Thats exactly what they need to do they can even throw some windows over the wall too and just paint black behind them or something.

That does look a tad better to me, nice work with paintbrush KZ.

As much as I hate that black wall I think it helps to make the building look less wide from that angle.

What's that building on the right, sort of in front of the BoA Building?

Good work there kz. It's definitely an improvement over the expansive black hole that's there right now. It's really too bad that one side is just all black because I really like the rest of the building with the nice mix of terra cotta and glass.

BostonUrbEx?The glass one is 33 Arch Street. However, I'm assuming that you're talking about the other building, which I believe is 101 Federal Street.

Yeah, I know 33 Arch, I love that building.

"101 Federal" That's the one I was looking for, thank you.

Yeah, I know 33 Arch, I love that building.

"101 Federal" That's the one I was looking for, thank you.

Hah, I just got hired by a law firm that's located there on the 22nd floor. If I get lucky, in my spare time, maybe I can get some shots from there. Can't wait to start.

Both 101 and 75 Fed (its attached art deco neighbor) have amazing lobbies, although I think 101's might have been redone in the past year or two. Sorry no pics...

czsz said:
Still kinda shit, but maybe 60-70% better.

Looking at my finished work, that's the conclusion I reached too. There isn't much saving its west facade as long as those elevator banks are smack up against the wall.

Just a question out of curiosity, would it have made sense to rotate the building 180 degrees so that the elevator shafts were facing the buildings in the back? Just seems like it would provide everyone with better views of the park, and those of us who don't live there would've had a better view of the building.

Weren't their plans to build almost directly in front of the black wall? Over the Tremont Temple or something?

Weren't their plans to build almost directly in front of the black wall? Over the Tremont Temple or something?

Look carefully at the photo of the black wall a few posts back, the Nine zero hotel is relatively recently built and it doesn't even come close to blocking the black wall. I would be surprised if and when something is built above Tremont Temple that it would block this wall. I bet we will be viewing the black wall for a very long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back