45 Province St | Downtown Crossing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 45 Province St

5059996431_f3226def43_b.jpg

and 45 stands as guardian over the lowly buildings of downtown crossing, trying to protect them from the evil Giant Hole slowly encroaching on their historical lands.

^^Side of hole does. Do you not see that those shadows are preventing any foliage from growing in our pit?

Good fucking god even the sheep meadow would be preferable at this point.

Ugly

IMG_7170.jpg

Not even close to ugly

IMG_7180.jpg

Verdict: Average?

The banner is ugly, but hopefully will disappear when the market turns. I know I've argued it before, but I still really like the black slate. I find it intriguing, mysterious, something that pulls my attention toward the building. Then I see the edges and really wonder what's in store on the other side. I think some people are far too conservative in how they evaluate something like this.

I know its been speculated, and maybe even said in a more matter of fact way. But is the adjacent property facing the back side of the building eventually going to add a similiar sized tower? IMO only way to explain that side. It's like a great song that just abruptly ends in the wackest of ways.

Was recently in 45 Province. Some incredible views! Typical urban residential building... still too pricey for what it is, it's unfortunate their timing was so bad.

I walked by the ground floor every day this summer and I really like it--especially the car elevator to the garage, although you have to dodge the bmw's and range rovers that fly in and out of it.

I have to wonder if that banner is even legal. Viewed from the Longfellow, it's the only advertising visible on the skyline, and it's HUGE. Will ISD will ever take notice, or have they already had a "preacher's handshake" to overlook this?

God, even that alley is beautiful. I hate that they did everything perfectly with this building except its most prominent, visible feature. It just makes the latter more painful, not less.

(At least someday they may take down the stupid-font ad that's plastered up there now.)

I walk past that alley at least once a day, on the School Street end, and it is the windiest place in the world. Any time it rains, snows, is freezing, or breezy, there's going to be wind gusting through this place that will suddenly and unexpectedly blast you. I almost fell over once... and usually it's freezing out when it happens...

Hasn't been like that too much the past couple weeks though, thankfully.

I've worked in the area for years and I agree, it's much more windy on school street at the foot of the alley since this building was built.

I hope to god that something is built on the other side of that blank wall soon and then this building will just be a blend in type of building that adds to the skyline if not tho it definately takes away from it. Pleaseeeeeeeee let something nice go on the other side...........

I'm a bit confused by the picture. Where is 45 Province? Isn't it blocked by the building on the corner of Arlington and Columbus/Stuart?

The top is visible just in front of One Boston Place (the one with the hat). It took me a while too. The sliver of terracotta is what gives it away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back