45 Province St | Downtown Crossing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 45 Province St

I saw this in Montreal last year. Look familiar?

Holy crap, the Lowes Theatre at Millenium Place relocated to Montreal? And then they stole 45 Province and put it on top of it?

5386301872_e2b1445013_b.jpg

5386302422_6fb822e55c_b.jpg

Considering how often I go to Sam LaGrassa's, I'm surprised I don't have more pictures of this.

Anyone know how this place is selling? They must be doing ok as i have heard 0 talk of it going to auction.

I would love to live here!

Weren't spaces on both sides of the valet parking zone supposed to go to retail? There's nothing on ground level yet. I never see people other than the valet drivers there... People drive their cars in and out all day long, then disappear somewhere near the car elevator. Is there even a lobby to this place? I'd like to live here, too, I'd love to. But I get the impression that everyone here must have a car, keeps completely to themselves, and is cold and antisocial. It seems to revolve around the car area.

It wouldn't be Boston without a pair of tennis shoes (actually, these look like ol' school Vans) up on the wires.

Is it because of the sneakers? Or is it because the city workers are too lazy to fix streetlights properly and are forever stringing overhead wire?

I grew up beneath a sky filled with noisy jets and Converse All Stars.

The wires may be from tree lights during the Holidays.

Could someone explain the reasoning (or lack thereof) behind the shoes-on-wires tradition?

There are 137 units in the building.

28 have sold to date.

They are averaging one sale per month.

Units below the 14th-floor sell for $600-$700 per square foot (because they have limited views, mainly of other buildings in the financial district)

Units on the higher floors (above 14th-floor) sell for $1,000-$1,200 per square foot.

The most-recent sale was in January 2011, a 7th-floor, one bed, one and 1/2 bath, 1,132-square foot unit that sold for $749,000 or $661.66 per square foot.

And, yes, you should both buy there.

Could someone explain the reasoning (or lack thereof) behind the shoes-on-wires tradition?

I think it started as a way to mark drug deals and/or gang territory, but gradually lost that meaning as time went on.

growing up in Fitchburg (60's/70's) it meant u were cool if u could get ur old sneakers(u were just giving new ones) wrapped up over the wires which seem so high back then,being in Dorchester for the last 25 years it's always meant some gang was marking there street? don't know how true that was though,could be kids still being kids,only know they buy there own sneaker's!

I like the red in the sun light. It's almost like that big blank black wall is a billboard that was not intended to be so.

There are 137 units in the building.

28 have sold to date.

They are averaging one sale per month.

Units below the 14th-floor sell for $600-$700 per square foot (because they have limited views, mainly of other buildings in the financial district)

Units on the higher floors (above 14th-floor) sell for $1,000-$1,200 per square foot.

The most-recent sale was in January 2011, a 7th-floor, one bed, one and 1/2 bath, 1,132-square foot unit that sold for $749,000 or $661.66 per square foot.

And, yes, you should both buy there.

Thanks for the info, John. Lol I would love to buy there, but unfortunately it will be a long while before i can afford that! :eek:

What are the condo fees like?

On the plus side, telling people where you live is really easy.

"Oh, yeah, you should come and check out my new, expensive luxury condo. It's the building with the huge billboard on it."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back