45 Province St | Downtown Crossing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 45 Province

Apparently, that news makes them confident to raise prices ... around $50,000 for at least four of them. A $3.399 million unit is now $3.599 million.

Act now!

Is that hideous black wall that faces Cambridge ever going to be hidden? Can anything be built there? I get the issues with elevators and all, but jeez, that is not going to age nicely.

Is that hideous black wall that faces Cambridge ever going to be hidden? Can anything be built there? I get the issues with elevators and all, but jeez, that is not going to age nicely.

I believe that requires the razing of Tremont Temple Baptist Church. Or gutting the shit out of and facadectomizing it.

I used to be categorically against bans on tower signs, but this changed my mind.

I guess we now know what the uncompromising and undisguised black back was for.

Also, they stole President Obama's font scheme, I think.

That sign just makes me more angry about the horrid facade. I don't think it improves matters, it sticks out like a sore thumb on the skyline, much more so than the blank wall. What a blight on what could of been a great new building.

8697002719_22a1cb4205_b.jpg

From Adam at UHub:
Luxury tower downtown could finally be getting the restaurant its owners kept promising
By adamg - 9/13/13 - 12:32 pm

The Boston Licensing Board holds a hearing next week on plans to convert long empty space at 45 Province St. into a pizza restaurant called Strada 45.

The building's developers got a full-service liquor license from the board in 2008. The board rescinded the license in 2011, but the developers got it back in an appeal to the state Alcoholic Beverages Control Commission.

John DeSimone, who lists himself as the current owner of Muscle Maker Grill chain, will explain his wood-fired pizza concept to the board at a hearing on Wednesday. Board hearings start at 10 a.m. in its eighth-floor hearing room in City Hall.

http://www.universalhub.com/2013/luxury-tower-downtown-could-finally-be-getting-res

So like someone said recently, no more ginormous sign!

10092979295_fbb25b46d2_b.jpg

10092930044_f03850f5f6_b.jpg

10091136646_f40b8e0597_b.jpg

I never got why they made almost an entire side of the building blank.

So like someone said recently, no more ginormous sign!

Good riddance. Too bad every picture I've taken of the skyline for the past 2 years is ruined by that tacky crap they had up there so long. At the risk of revealing myself as a clueless n00b about good architecture I will say I actually like the blank wall. It's a nice piece of negative space, an interesting contrast with it's more "sleek" glass facades. And it's in the sky so it's not killing street life.

Good riddance. Too bad every picture I've taken of the skyline for the past 2 years is ruined by that tacky crap they had up there so long. At the risk of revealing myself as a clueless n00b about good architecture I will say I actually like the blank wall. It's a nice piece of negative space, an interesting contrast with it's more "sleek" glass facades. And it's in the sky so it's not killing street life.

I'm an architecture n00b too. It just seems monolithic. But yeah, obviously prefer the blank wall to a FOR SALE sign.

^^^Where were you to get all these great elevated shots from across the river?

Great shot man. This building is quite nice, but that black strip really takes away from it. I'm still stunned that they would take away all those views...

"There's something about this that's so black, it's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is: none." -Spinal Tap

^ Best movie ever.

a3oa.png

^^^Where were you to get all these great elevated shots from across the river?

15th floor of 101 Main Street. Floors 14 and 15 are nothing but collaborative spaces for startups, and a good friend works out of there for his up and coming business.

15th floor of 101 Main Street. Floors 14 and 15 are nothing but collaborative spaces for startups, and a good friend works out of there for his up and coming business.

Ok so I take it that's the shorter one closer to the river? Really great views. So familiar, yet so new.

Nope the taller one. Go see the rest of the pics in the Picture Of The Day thread.

Great shot man. This building is quite nice, but that black strip really takes away from it. I'm still stunned that they would take away all those views...

Tmac -- perfect location for a "BIG" or even "Huge" OLED Screen -- they could run ads intermixxed with pleasant vistas and they could even play movies on it in the summer

Tmac -- perfect location for a "BIG" or even "Huge" OLED Screen -- they could run ads intermixxed with pleasant vistas and they could even play movies on it in the summer

Yea, there's so much that could be done with it still...wonder if they'll sell the rights to the space and an ad company will put a screen up.

It's a definite money maker, one would think.

Yea, there's so much that could be done with it still...wonder if they'll sell the rights to the space and an ad company will put a screen up.

It's a definite money maker, one would think.

This would be pretty bad, this isn't Times Square or Shibuya, Tokyo but a building rising over historic Beacon Hill. The blank wall might be overdoing it but it should be understated to keep the eye focused on the dome/hill. The last ad was an eyesore and I can't believe zoning allowed it. An LED screen would be so tacky and out of character with the rest of the skyline in that part of the city. I'm all for urban glitz but it in the right places - ie theater district, possibly back bay etc - not in between the otherwise quiet Beacon Hill and FiDi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back