45 Province St | Downtown Crossing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 45 Province St

5662763151_92589c0fb7_b.jpg

I'm sorry, but I love this alley....

I walked by this place yesterday, and I have to say, though I really like the building, the street level kind of sucks.

Does this thread get moved to existing development at some point? I think everyone knows what it looks like by now.

lol! I agree,I was going to post in the skyline thread but saw this one 1st!

45 Province | 45 Province Street | Downtown

The "New Development" 45 Province thread has been closed, so creating a new one.

I stopped over at the Cakeology cupcake shop at 45 Province. Above/next to where the Littlest Bar used to be, there's two staircases.

I was surprised to see that one of them has been blocked off by planters and that an (empty) patio has been created.

The only way to get from Province to Tremont Street is along a narrow walkway next to Marliave.

My pessimism makes me think that the 45 Province people did this on their own.

I am going to send them an email, but does anyone know?

45_2.jpg

45_1.jpg

45_3.jpg

Re: 45 Province

If ablarc were still around he would be thrilled at seeing the steps restored to their former glory.

How heavy is that planter? Could you (or me, or someone else) just pick it up and move it out of the way?

The planter has been there a while I think. Since Summer '09 at least. But when people are dining at those tables, it would be awkward to use those stairs anyway.

Where do they dine? Marliave has a separate dining area. Do they move into the 45 Province section?

I tried walking thru there on a summer night and there was a whole restaurant set up. It is bullshit you should be able to walk thru there.

When was the last time anyone saw sailing on the Charles the second weekend in February?

I used to be categorically against bans on tower signs, but this changed my mind.

I guess we now know what the uncompromising and undisguised black back was for.

Also, they stole President Obama's font scheme, I think.

They should drape the back wall with a banner that looks like windows and balconies.

If ablarc were still around he would be thrilled at seeing the steps restored to their former glory.

Those are the last remnant at the site of the Province House, the last Royal Governors Mansion in Boston

Of course, just as in the case of John Hancock's House there a many fragments in various private and public collections -- see for example
http://masshist.org/online/gallery/doc-viewer.php?pid=16&item_id=1769

2455_weathervane_work_ref.jpg

Note that since the Province House burned and was demolished the stairs are a public way and just as a street can not be blocked without the permission of the City of Boston

I always find public stairs an interesting concept. That a staircase can be used as a road and can be owned by the municipality. It is looking liek i will be moving to Pittsburgh this fall for grad school and they apparently have more public staircases there than anywhere else in America.

I always find public stairs an interesting concept. That a staircase can be used as a road and can be owned by the municipality. It is looking liek i will be moving to Pittsburgh this fall for grad school and they apparently have more public staircases there than anywhere else in America.

Found$ my brother recently moved from Oxford UK to Pittsburgh, USA and he said that Pittsburgh is almost as good / bad as Hong Kong wih respect to both bridges carying one road over another and stairs -- although he's yet to find a public escalator which they have in Hong Kong

Boston does have a public escalator as you cross Centre(r) Plasha III to approach the Suffolk County Courthouse in Pemberton Sq. -- I think that at one time there must have been a foot path or pehaps a street where the building has been located since the 1960's

An earlier proposal for a replacement of the parking lot on that site. (Who knew the Abbey Group owned it for so long?)

45_province.png

100 units sold out of 137

the Abbey Group, announced on Thursday that the tower has recorded its 100th sale—and it's a whopper: $4,010,000, or $1,285 a square foot, making the sale of the 3-BR, 3.5-BA, 3,120-square-foot spread with regal terraces one of Boston's five biggest closed deals of 2013 so far. Moreover, the developer would like to point out that sales at 45 Province are up 28 percent over the same time last year. And they're not just any sales they're sales like the $4,010,000 one or one in December for $3,450,000.

http://boston.curbed.com/archives/2013/03/45-province-bostons-big-condo-that-could.php#more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back