45 Province St | Downtown Crossing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: 45 Province St

^ In the foreground: is that some of the metal coping they didn't get around to stealing off the Pepperpot Bridge?

4380716746_67bf427b04_b.jpg

Yup. They are in place with a lot of new wrought iron. Looks nice.

Good, but too bad they didn't add back the Littlest Bar as well.

I cant believe they put up another ugly building in boston. We really need some great architecture so that the rest will just become filler because at the moment theres only a couple nice high rises in boston and its unfortunate.

Aside from the back wall, I actually like 45 Province. I'm surprised I'm in the minority on this.

Aside from the back wall, I actually like 45 Province. I'm surprised I'm in the minority on this.
You're probably not. But is it OK if we stop short of loud huzzahs?

(And it's definitely better than the garage it replaced.)

Oh sure, I wouldn't hold it up as a model of future development, but I still think it is far from ugly. We've seen a lot worse in the past decade, and few better.

Faint praise I suppose.

^^It can't be too common.

"Sigh, another building in the top quarter percentile."

uhh...I think a lot of people like this building. Its just the black wall and the fact that its empty at the moment.

uhh...I think a lot of people like this building.
That's right, including me; that's especially true in light of what little is being built these days, and its quality. The one-eyed king ...

Save for the you-know-what, it has an air of dignity about it, which is more than can be said of most recent projects. It even feels a bit hip, which could be said about even fewer.

The Clarendon, while I don't hate it like some others here do, has no dignity about it. I don't aspire to live there, and yet I sure as hell aspire to live here, black wall and all.

I do like this building from the water,just wish it look simular on the other side.
191-4.jpg
199-3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back