Our Lady of Good Voyage | Seaport Sq Parcel H | 55 - 57 Seaport Blvd | Seaport

Thats pretty cool to know. I figured they would take out some important pieces especially from the interior to transfer over to the new Church.

On another note I spy some trusses in the pictures above. Wouldn't have thought that was what was used here as Im not sure when the Church was built.

edit: I looked into it it was built in 1952 which makes sense why they would be there. I figured the church was older than that.

Since I was looking at the age of the old church on google I looked at some pictures and found some pretty good ones old and new:

Old

inside_our_lady_of_good_voyage_church.jpg

A throttle, not sure the correct term for a ship, from some very old ship is located inside.

armor_160714-5439.jpg

20584393185_2b2356c737_c.jpg

20396430488_3dd990d349_c.jpg

New

042217churchcc03.jpg

0424_church-2-1000x667.jpg

armor_170607-2234.jpg

olgv3.jpg

armor_170607-2257.jpg

armor_170607-2276.jpg

042217churchcc04.jpg

33672765482_166eacbb5f_b.jpg

Major improvement IMO, I don't think the old church had much really going for it and it wasn't historical by Boston church standards. The new church looks amazing.

Oh wow so they literally had to send a telegraph to the engine room? If thats what you mean holy crap.

Lol thats how I even knew what it was used for was that movie too.

On small ships ... they would just yell down a pipe. Seriously.

1920px-Voice_tube.jpg

Worth a visit inside. Finally visited in person on New Year's Day. There's a high-end brochure (free, but must cost about $1 to produce) that notes where each re-purposed bit of art or furniture originally came from.

They did a really nice job of sourcing the stained glass, in particular, since the "boulevard" side windows came from an ethnically-French church in Chelsea, while the central and alley-side windows came from the ethnically-German Holy Trinity in South End. They seem carefully restored (re-leaded, and snuck in O'Malley's coat of arms in a previously "filler" location)

And is it just coincidence that the left and right windows are exactly the same dimension? They match, but you can also tell that they were probably originally mounted at different heights (based on where the "filler" images are)

The ship models are sweet looking--but hard to see (mounted high, I guess to protect from theft/vandals)

The interior looks like something Cram would have designed!

Well, it was his firm that did the work, so...

Cheap looking gingerbread house before they add the frosting.

Maybe I am just a little bitter. The cross on top of this Frankenstein's monster is from the church I got married in and had given a lot of money to. Bernie the Pimp was promoted and lived out his days in luxury while the flock was forsaken and children continued to be victimized

Back