Patriot Place | Foxboro

Gillette Stadium to open a unique on-field beer hall in September

05-From-Field-6493252ada76f-scaled.jpg

07-Tunnel-View-64931fe98dad7-768x432.jpg

03-Back-of-Bar-649322e64df6e-scaled.jpg

https://news.google.com/articles/CB...bGwtMjAyMy8_YW1wPTE?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US:en

I was wondering why the seats in that area were out when we were at Monster Jam. Looks like you can hand a beer to the players on their way out onto the field. No way that can go wrong.

Admittedly, I haven't seen the big screen yet in person but by looking at the recent pics, it seems my vision is too myopic to appreciate the breadth of the screen. Having said that, the expansion of the stadium looks impressive.

Last edited:
The strip mall part of Patriot Place is taking a hit - will have lost both Bed, Bath & Beyond and The Christmas Tree Shoppes in a matter of months as the chains went out of business.

The strip mall part of Patriot Place is taking a hit - will have lost both Bed, Bath & Beyond and The Christmas Tree Shoppes in a matter of months as the chains went out of business.

I am wondering if either Wegmans or Whole Foods would eye a location in here. Wegmans was in deep negotiations to open a location in Franklin right off exit 16 (cannot remember what number it is now with the re-numbering) and they got outbid. This would allow them a location south of Boston. The Foxboro/Mansfield/Plainville area is a dead zone of sorts for Whole Foods too. Closet location is Bellingham or Dedham.

I am wondering if either Wegmans or Whole Foods would eye a location in here. Wegmans was in deep negotiations to open a location in Franklin right off exit 16 (cannot remember what number it is now with the re-numbering) and they got outbid. This would allow them a location south of Boston. The Foxboro/Mansfield/Plainville area is a dead zone of sorts for Whole Foods too. Closet location is Bellingham or Dedham.

Patriot Place would not be all that far from the Wegmans location on University Ave in Westwood (junction of Rtes 95 and 93 close to where Westwood, Dedham, Canton, and Norwood all meet).

Patriot Place would not be all that far from the Wegmans location on University Ave in Westwood (junction of Rtes 95 and 93 close to where Westwood, Dedham, Canton, and Norwood all meet).

I'll say that as someone who grew up in Foxboro, few people take Rt 1 up to Automile and beyond (I hope it's still called that and I'm not dating myself too hard) for shopping. Everyone seemed to orient towards Mansfield or the NA / Attleboro Rt 1 clusterfuck past the Emerald Square Mall for retail. My parents both worked in Norwood and were from Walpole and Hyde Park, so my family would always drive that way for stuff. But we were the exception. My point is that the whole Foxboro/Mansfield/Plainville/North Attleboro/Wrentham/Norton area (South Hockomock?) has Dedham/Westwood/Walpole money now but little inclination to head in that direction. Wegmans would do well opening both locations. The Trader Joe's at Patriot Place is usually packed.

Okay thats fucking sick! After watching that Im 100% convinced that the Krafts are ahead of the curve on this one. With our lives so enveloped by screens and large screens being so cheap and ubiquitous it seems like the most logical next step in stadium design is to have absolutely massive screens. I havent been to LA or Vegas in a while but those new massive circular screens hanging from the roof were starting to become the next thing, but this honestly looks like it blows those out of the water. I havent been to a pats game in a few years but I go to the supercross that is held here every other year and I can already see how awesome this is going to be.

This is 100% going to be the way that stadiums are going to move to going forward. Were starting to see a few noticeable changes in stadium design which include bringing back super steep seating that allows spectators to be much closer to the action, more ground level activation outside the stadium (besides being in the suburbs gillette was ahead here too with patriot place), more fan activation areas like bars/restaurants/party areas and gillette adding the new bar that has a window to the players is a step in that direction as well, and I think that after people see this were going to see a lot more of these being installed.

The sphere in las vegas just recently opened and it has been blowing peoples minds with the crazy things it projects on to the las vegas skyline. I think we are 100% entering the age of absolutely massive screens becoming an essential part of the experience of sporting/entertainment events.

Okay thats fucking sick! After watching that Im 100% convinced that the Krafts are ahead of the curve on this one. With our lives so enveloped by screens and large screens being so cheap and ubiquitous it seems like the most logical next step in stadium design is to have absolutely massive screens. I havent been to LA or Vegas in a while but those new massive circular screens hanging from the roof were starting to become the next thing, but this honestly looks like it blows those out of the water. I havent been to a pats game in a few years but I go to the supercross that is held here every other year and I can already see how awesome this is going to be.

This is 100% going to be the way that stadiums are going to move to going forward. Were starting to see a few noticeable changes in stadium design which include bringing back super steep seating that allows spectators to be much closer to the action, more ground level activation outside the stadium (besides being in the suburbs gillette was ahead here too with patriot place), more fan activation areas like bars/restaurants/party areas and gillette adding the new bar that has a window to the players is a step in that direction as well, and I think that after people see this were going to see a lot more of these being installed.

The sphere in las vegas just recently opened and it has been blowing peoples minds with the crazy things it projects on to the las vegas skyline. I think we are 100% entering the age of absolutely massive screens becoming an essential part of the experience of sporting/entertainment events.

Will that big (enormous) screen make the Patriots any better? I would rather he spends $$ on the roster.

Will that big (enormous) screen make the Patriots any better? I would rather he spends $$ on the roster.

The Patriots, like all teams in the NFL, spend roughly the same amount of money as every other team on their players. That's the salary cap.

That being said, I think I'm old fashioned when it comes to stadiums. Give me a seat, a good game and some reasonably edible food and beer and I'm happy. Too many bells and whistles take our focus off of the game.

Back