Patriot Place | Foxboro

Forgot about the Terminals...

From 2018:

From the article:

" FRA Terminals LLC, which has a listed address of 1 Patriot Pl., the same as Gillette Stadium, is the new owner of the former Foxboro Terminals on Route 1. The property was purchased for $18 million in cash, according to Norfolk Registry of Deeds records. The town's assessors database states that the property has a value of about $3.48 million. "

Alot of folks in Foxboro (or folks who have business interests in that area) have made moola off of this guy's success.

Mods? Can we merge this and the Walpole Development thread? Maybe rename it “Route 1 Boston South Developments (Dedham, Norwood, Walpole, Foxboro, Wrentham, Attleboro)?

Mods? Can we merge this and the Walpole Development thread? Maybe rename it “Route 1 Boston South Developments (Dedham, Norwood, Walpole, Foxboro, Wrentham, Attleboro)?

Personally I'd rather keep threads for large regional developments (like this) and municipality-specific threads (like Walpole) rather than aggregate threads for corridors or broader regional zones.

Went to get a vaccine at gillette today and got some pictures of some upgrades going on.

It appears the video board is being upgraded
C58D02BD-6B27-440A-8346-243C27ED3865.jpeg

It took a second for me to figure out whats going on here, it appears that they removed a couple rows of seats and extended the concourse a bit. Not sure why this is being done.
93858DF7-1F7C-406B-B904-6136732473CD.jpeg

6E32F07D-DA90-4AFE-BA2E-B858360B185F.jpeg

253E6569-3524-4803-B4FC-1AAFCB1C69C4.jpeg

I am wondering why they haven't added seats. They removed a couple thousand seats to put in the Optum field club. Why not close in the endzone on the side opposite the lighthouse? Gillette is too open and sound flies right out of there.

Looks like some sort of extension of the standing area in the club level.

Agree 100% they really need to enclose it much more and after removing so many seats they have a perfect reason to do so.

North end zone renovations coming to Gillette over the next 2 years (appears to have a new, larger lighthouse):

1639145219522.png

1639145233656.png

ECF7329A-DD20-4FDD-B5B0-885389ECC1D3.jpeg

C7E374FD-A220-4D49-BE82-4A4C3F32F891.jpeg

Its about time they enclosed the end of the stadium, awesome to see. Something that weve talked about before on here that would really improve the stadium. Hopefully the bowl shape traps in more noise.

The article also mentions a 218 ft high observation deck in the new lighthouse with 360 degree views, pretty cool.

Last edited:
Any additional seating to makeup for the large number of seats previously removed in the end zone and top of lower bowl?

The article also mentions a 218 ft high observation deck in the new lighthouse with 360 degree views, pretty cool.

Considering you can literally see Boston already from Route 1 by the stadium, this would be an amazing new place to view the skyline.

Considering you can literally see Boston already from Route 1 by the stadium, this would be an amazing new place to view the skyline.
You might also be able to see Providence. You can easily see Providence from the top of Moose Hill in Sharon a few miles to the north (although it's in profile from this view), and the stadium sits atop its own prominent elevation rise.

Hopefully this fixes, or improves a big design flaw with Gillette - the stadium is so open that the crowd noise sails right out. I'd like to see them add in a full section in the upper tier at some point to make up for the lost seats (I think they took something like 3k) for the field Optum Club. This is a nice upgrade and should provide those sitting in the upper tier some better concession and gathering space.

1639438332786.png

Anyone have any predictions and/or premonitions about the economic redevelopment of that stretch of Rt. 1 from 495 in Wrentham/Plainville to 95 in Walpole? It all seems prime for growth given the proximity to the stadium and the two major routes.

Anyone have any predictions and/or premonitions about the economic redevelopment of that stretch of Rt. 1 from 495 in Wrentham/Plainville to 95 in Walpole? It all seems prime for growth given the proximity to the stadium and the two major routes.

Part of the issue with this stretch is you have the Wrentham State Forrest / Crocker Pond protected wetland on one side and Gilbert Town Forrest on the other. Ever notice how when heading south past the State Police barracks, once you start down the hill there's nothing on either side of Rt 1 until you get to the trucker stop / Lucciano's? I think there's a gun shop there too. That undeveloped stretch will stay undeveloped for the foreseeable future. Once you get past the 495 interchange, you'll find a lot of new commercial retail development which has gone up over the past decade. This southwestern are of Norfolk County / northeastern area of Bristol County was among the higher percentage growth spots in the state on the 2020 Census.

To quote from the article ...

" n Gillette Stadium's first 20 years, the Kraft family invested more than $300 million on stadium enhancements. This new project, including the south end zone improvements made last offseason, will total an additional $225 million investment ...

wow, so 525M in enhancements. I believe that the initial cost of the stadium was significantly below that, somewhere in the ~300M range.

Hopefully this fixes, or improves a big design flaw with Gillette - the stadium is so open that the crowd noise sails right out. I'd like to see them add in a full section in the upper tier at some point to make up for the lost seats (I think they took something like 3k) for the field Optum Club. This is a nice upgrade and should provide those sitting in the upper tier some better concession and gathering space.

View attachment 19530

They could pretty easily extend the second tier of seats to go in front of the new video board. That being said the video board on the other end was enlarged last off season and with the new one its going to be much more enclosed. I wonder if having two large essentially walls with the video boards will help refract the sound better in the stadium. It would be nice if they put some type of covering over the light rails at the top of the stadium for a small roof over the top seats.

Nothing special but one interesting note

But Kraft personnel also acknowledged the new parking is linked to the future development of an office park between the two hotels at Patriot Place and Bass Pro Shops. That area is a huge parking lot used for Patriot Place patrons and stadium attendees, and the expanded parking across Route 1 would help replace parking lost to development.

Back