Patriot Place | Foxboro

mass88

Reaction score
Re: Patriots Place

Players and teams do not stay at the Renaissance at Patriot Place.
I believe most of them stay down in Providence. I remember a few years back the Colts stayed up in Waltham before one of the playoff games.

deh74

Reaction score

Players and teams do not stay at the Renaissance at Patriot Place.
Visiting MLS teams do, or at least the Chicago Fire did back in 2013 when a friend of mine was playing for them and I visited him at the Renaissance. Although you're probably right in that NFL teams don't stay there.

datadyne007

Staff member
Reaction score

Visiting MLS teams do, or at least the Chicago Fire did back in 2013 when a friend of mine was playing for them and I visited him at the Renaissance. Although you're probably right in that NFL teams don't stay there.
That's correct in re: to MLS visitors. They've had some mysterious 2 AM fire alarms in that hotel the night before a game day.

Shawmut

Reaction score
Updated plans for a business park the Kraft Group hopes to build between Bass Pro Shop and the Renaissance hotel

vanshnookenraggen

Staff member
Reaction score
Ah yes, put the development as far away from transit as possible. They are doing the same for the new Islanders stadium at Belmont Racetrack on Long Island. Fucking morons.

HenryAlan

Reaction score
Really stupid positioning. That's a 15 minute walk to the train station from the end that is closest, probably 25 minutes from the other end.

jklo

Reaction score
Really stupid positioning. That's a 15 minute walk to the train station from the end that is closest, probably 25 minutes from the other end.
Can't imagine they are expecting anyone to do anything but drive there.

Arenacale

Reaction score
I don't see why putting it down there is so stupid. The stadium routinely hosts loud events late at night, I'm sure not too many people would be thrilled about being right next to it. Besides, they already have a shuttle between the upper and lower shopping areas, won't be a big deal to expand it's run from the CR station to the apartments, no walking necessary.

HenryAlan

Reaction score
It's a missed opportunity for TOD, that's why it's stupid. There is nothing anywhere near that train station, a walkable apartment complex next to it would be a good thing.