Patriot Place | Foxboro

Re: Patriots Place

Players and teams do not stay at the Renaissance at Patriot Place.

I believe most of them stay down in Providence. I remember a few years back the Colts stayed up in Waltham before one of the playoff games.

Players and teams do not stay at the Renaissance at Patriot Place.

Visiting MLS teams do, or at least the Chicago Fire did back in 2013 when a friend of mine was playing for them and I visited him at the Renaissance. Although you're probably right in that NFL teams don't stay there.

Visiting MLS teams do, or at least the Chicago Fire did back in 2013 when a friend of mine was playing for them and I visited him at the Renaissance. Although you're probably right in that NFL teams don't stay there.

That's correct in re: to MLS visitors. They've had some mysterious 2 AM fire alarms in that hotel the night before a game day.

“Indoor Skydiving Facility To Open In Patriot Place”

“BOSTON (CBS) – Even more excitement is coming to Gillette Stadium. An indoor skydiving facility called Freedom Wind Tunnel is opening in the fall of 2020. The wind tunnel will stand more than 100 feet tall.”

SkyDive.jpg

https://boston.cbslocal.com/2019/08/06/freedom-wind-tunnel-gillette-stadium-patriot-place-skydiving/

Updated plans for a business park the Kraft Group hopes to build between Bass Pro Shop and the Renaissance hotel

Ah yes, put the development as far away from transit as possible. They are doing the same for the new Islanders stadium at Belmont Racetrack on Long Island. Fucking morons.

Really stupid positioning. That's a 15 minute walk to the train station from the end that is closest, probably 25 minutes from the other end.

Really stupid positioning. That's a 15 minute walk to the train station from the end that is closest, probably 25 minutes from the other end.

Can't imagine they are expecting anyone to do anything but drive there.

I don't see why putting it down there is so stupid. The stadium routinely hosts loud events late at night, I'm sure not too many people would be thrilled about being right next to it. Besides, they already have a shuttle between the upper and lower shopping areas, won't be a big deal to expand it's run from the CR station to the apartments, no walking necessary.

It's a missed opportunity for TOD, that's why it's stupid. There is nothing anywhere near that train station, a walkable apartment complex next to it would be a good thing.

Between this and the nearby Foxborough Terminals being purchased by the Krafts, Foxborough is one step away from becoming Kraftville.

RE: Lafayette House

Good.

They have been the best thing to happen to that town.

The Stadium and Patriot Place has been an oasis along a strip of tire rim resellers (aside from the Lafayette House, of course).

Might as well give them they're own breakaway ZIP code at this point. "Foxborough" the town is still an un-evolved slab of suburban Norfolk County blandness with "Go Away!" signs hung high and proud against all measure of progress. Kraftville patched its Y2K bug instead. The cranberry bog and sand pits just north of 140 keep the two entities separated by half-mile enforced restraining order at all times so they just ignore each other save for the occasional spat about begging for more tax money.

(I thought "Rim Job Mile" was more Walpole's primary contribution to 1's tack-chic than Foxboro's? :unsure: )

Might as well give them they're own breakaway ZIP code at this point. "Foxborough" the town is still an un-evolved slab of suburban Norfolk County blandness with "Go Away!" signs hung high and proud against all measure of progress. Kraftville patched its Y2K bug instead. The cranberry bog and sand pits just north of 140 keep the two entities separated by half-mile enforced restraining order at all times so they just ignore each other save for the occasional spat about begging for more tax money.

(I thought "Rim Job Mile" was more Walpole's primary contribution to 1's tack-chic than Foxboro's? :unsure: )

Got to hand it to Kraft. There isn't a worse, more remote, desolate and depressing (that even includes downtown Baltimore) NFL stadium location area than Route 1 in Foxboro in the late 1990's.

He has built an amazing oasis against the odds.

Back