Patriot Place | Foxboro

Maybe. They're not Foxboro neighbors and get none of the Kraft largesse that Foxboro residents enjoy. Having tailgaters against your property line is far from ideal.
Let’s find out. My money is still on Kraft.

Parking lots hurt families and communities. Having tailgating that attract yt isn’t good for anyone. Foxboro is working class. It should be.
Nah, it’s actually an upper class community. And for this situation, lots work. Until they urbanize that whole stretch between I-95 in Canton and I-495 in Mansfield, that whole area will be car centric. I hope that Light Rail makes its way down there at some point and then we can talk about reducing vehicular traffic, but for now, it is what it is

Last edited:
Parking lots hurt families and communities. Having tailgating that attract yt isn’t good for anyone. Foxboro is working class. It should be.

I was raised in Foxboro, 1981 through 2002. My parents still live there (less than a quarter mile from the stadium) and my brother recently moved back there from California with his family. Foxboro has been upper middle class since the late 80s-early 90s boom that saw many 495 towns in Norfolk County double in size and transition into true Boston bedroom communities. Do you think Walpole or Wrentham or Canton are working class? They all profile almost identically to Foxboro. Median household income is just above $110,000. Median house value is just south of $570,000.

But your point stands - to a point. One of my craziest Sullivan/Foxboro Stadium memories is of the Metallica + Guns N' Roses 1992 tour. There wasn't enough parking on site back then, and surrounding neighborhoods like mine would always have event-goers driving up and down the streets, asking door to door if they could pay for parking in a driveway. Well, a stadium metal tour crowd can get a bit more, shall we say, amped up than your typical early 90s Pats game crowd, and some people didn't take kindly to being repeatedly turned away for parking. Mailboxes were smashed, front lawns were peed on, and beer cans strewn over driveways. And this was all before the show.

Having tailgaters up against your property utterly sucks. But it's better than having them on your property (probably peeing) because there isn't enough parking in the first place. Which is what we went through every stadium event until Gillette was built.

Actually I don't believe any of that it was an inside joke. King o Sheeba gave me the business about another place and I was just giving it back.

But seriously as a kid in the 70s we would never get near the stadium with a car. We would park and walk a couple miles down rt 1. It was brutal for a kid

I was raised in Foxboro, 1981 through 2002. My parents still live there (less than a quarter mile from the stadium) and my brother recently moved back there from California with his family. Foxboro has been upper middle class since the late 80s-early 90s boom that saw many 495 towns in Norfolk County double in size and transition into true Boston bedroom communities. Do you think Walpole or Wrentham or Canton are working class? They all profile almost identically to Foxboro. Median household income is just above $110,000. Median house value is just south of $570,000.

But your point stands - to a point. One of my craziest Sullivan/Foxboro Stadium memories is of the Metallica + Guns N' Roses 1992 tour. There wasn't enough parking on site back then, and surrounding neighborhoods like mine would always have event-goers driving up and down the streets, asking door to door if they could pay for parking in a driveway. Well, a stadium metal tour crowd can get a bit more, shall we say, amped up than your typical early 90s Pats game crowd, and some people didn't take kindly to being repeatedly turned away for parking. Mailboxes were smashed, front lawns were peed on, and beer cans strewn over driveways. And this was all before the show.

Having tailgaters up against your property utterly sucks. But it's better than having them on your property (probably peeing) because there isn't enough parking in the first place. Which is what we went through every stadium event until Gillette was built.
Did Axl show up on time or cause a riot?

Actually I don't believe any of that it was an inside joke. King o Sheeba gave me the business about another place and I was just giving it back.

But seriously as a kid in the 70s we would never get near the stadium with a car. We would park and walk a couple miles down rt 1. It was brutal for a kid

And back then, Rt 1 absolutely had no sidewalks. I remember that walk, it was brutal - and scary.

Did Axl show up on time or cause a riot?

He showed up on time and rioting was limited, about 100 arrests. I found this just now, check it out for some fantastic Globe scans:

eQLCTKxs_o.jpg

Things have changed. Before, you had people advertising that they had stadium event parking and you could park in their yard or driveway. This is probably why you used to have people driving through the residential neighborhoods in the surrounding area looking for parking. I believe that practice has been done away with. Also, Foxborough PD puts up roadblocks on various residential roads starting 2-3 hours before events to minimize any stadium traffic flooding local roads. The road infrastructure upgrades made when Gillette was built were both necessary and welcomed. The entire experience of going to a football, or concert at Gillette, apart from the physical stadium, is much better than it was prior to 2002. It will be interesting to see the full plans for these additional lots.

You'll see light rail in this area right around the time humans make their first trip to Neptune.

Last edited:
He showed up on time and rioting was limited, about 100 arrests. I found this just now, check it out for some fantastic Globe scans:

eQLCTKxs_o.jpg
Cool find, I actually remember reading these articles when they were published.

You'll see light rail in this area right around the time humans make their first trip to Neptune.

Lol yea not a chance in hell rt1 gets light rail. Its pretty crazy how back in the late 1800’s early 1900’s even random small towns like milford had trolleys running along downtown. That was before the car though so it made sense. The economics dont make sense anymore outside of dense urban areas these days.

Im going to the supercross race this saturday so Ill try to grab some pics of the progress. I forgot that the stadiums under construction, kind of weird to have a huge construction project going on while events are going on but it seems that the major in stadium construction hasnt started yet.

Didn't get too much of the work going on, but a few images from Saturday. I appreciate the temporary jumbotron down low on the north end of the stadium but it's simply not big enough for the very back at the other end where I was standing (couldn't make out the running order). Looks really empty right now and will look better once the new stuff is up.
IMG_3950.jpg

IMG_3958.JPG

Back