Permitted hotel for sale | 188 High St | Downtown

BostonUrbEx

Reaction score

Could not find a thread for this. Land for sale and it says it is fully approved for a hotel.

188 High Street is an approved, 14 story, 50 key hotel development opportunity located in the heart of Boston's Financial District. The project is approved by the Boston Planning & Development Agency and the City of Boston Zoning Board of Appeals. All appeal periods have expired. The premises currently consists of a vacant lot with approximately 1,090 square feet of land in a highly-commercialized section of Downtown Boston. The site is just steps away from the Rose Kennedy Greenway with numerous public transportation options, including the South Station transportation facility, within a short walking distance. The immediate area is lush with numerous institutions and large companies as well as tourist attractions within walking distance that are major demand drivers for additional hotel rooms.

ISqdv2igmaofwi1000000000.webp

ISi7tqz9i2giwi1000000000.webp

This thing has been out there for years. No one will be able to make the numbers work for a building of that size on a parcel that small, especially if it needs to be built and operate union.

Just got a facebook ad saying that this will be auctioned off. Not a great sign for this getting off the ground any time soon. Hopefully it'll get a redesign in the process

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201016-142517.png
    Screenshot_20201016-142517.png
    255.4 KB · Views: 165
This is a parcel 2 parking spots wide and about 4 spots deep? I'm thinking the owners of 190 High are the likely auction winners.

Both the mayor's office and the office of City Councilor Ed Flynn opposed the proposal, citing concerns of members of the Wharf District Council. However, they did not specify what those concerns were.

I swear we wouldn’t have electricity running to every home if NIMBYism and Thomas Edison had been contemporaries.

The universal hub article definitely didn't pick the most flattering screenshot to use for the guy. 😅

But anyway, I've paid like 1/3rd of that price tag or less to stay at nicer hostels..

The proposed developer has some unusual ideas.

^^^This was on the cusp of the pandemic, so I am quite certain the proposal has collapsed with collapsing rents in San Francisco.

His home town of Manhattan Kansas rejected a planned development.

It appears he uses non-union labor. Walsh won't like that.

Getting rid of all these tiny parking lots is excellent!
Agreed, great location for a hotel. For some reason I was originally thinking this was that random building next to the Mass pike vent building behind Verizon art deco tower.

This looks REALLY thin on Google Maps. I don't know how they can shoehorn a hotel at this location, but go for it.

This looks REALLY thin on Google Maps. I don't know how they can shoehorn a hotel at this location, but go for it.

Seriously. I'm assuming the site cannot include the alley since the Chadwick Lead Works building has windows on that side instead of a party wall.

1683735820159.png

From some Twitter feeds, it seems like this is currently under construction? Does anybody have a current photo?

Back