Photo of the Day, Boston Style - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sweet! I LOVE that blur. Can we get a nomination thread going for photo of the year?

Is that the Beacon Park yard that's slated to go?

IMG_3087.jpg

IMG_3094.jpg

being from boston i like to see that boston gets appreciation from new yorkers because you sir have the most amazing skyline on earth

Sweet! I LOVE that blur. Can we get a nomination thread going for photo of the year?

Is that the Beacon Park yard that's slated to go?
Thanks! yep thats Beacon yards more from that day
038-11.jpg
040-11.jpg
041-13.jpg

^^^ Sweet view. I love the versatility of Boston's skyline.

IMG_3111.jpg

IMG_3081.jpg

I wish I had taken this an hour or so earlier.

From halfway up the Pru.

reflecting.jpg

That photo could start a small discussion. I never saw this area before the tunnel was built, but the tunnel both facilitates and obstructs pedestrian circulation in the area. Facilitates, by connecting the Science Center plaza directly to the north gate of Harvard Yard, removing any intervening street traffic. Obstructs, by forcing all pedestrians to use this path and making it hard to walk any other direction (such as from Johnston Gate to the Harvard Epworth Church).

Anyone know where I can find photos of what this area looked like before the tunnel?

"Melena Cass Boulevard" looks and sounds like something that should be in LA or Phoenix. It should be be totally redeveloped and renamed something classy or at least Boston-y ("Cassway"? "Cass Ave"?)

Melena Cass was a very important woman in the city. She deserves a street named after her. The anti-urban light industrial joke of a master plan dating back to the I-695 and "Campus High-School" which became Madison Park H.S. needs to be shredded and replaced with something congruent with the original South End grid. Ideally, it should be another, albeit better planned as an avenue, Mass Ave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back