Photo of the Day, Boston Style - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't that just entirely renovated? They didn't install central air?

Ahh, I knew it! Those AC units are so prominent, they're about the only thing that saves the building from being totally forgottable.

Ron Newman said:
Wasn't that just entirely renovated? They didn't install central air?

That's mostly true. They renovated the John Adams Courthouse next door, but didn't seem to touch the tower at all. I believe it was several years ago that in the tower, they replaced all the air circulation/ventilation/filtration because people were literally getting sick from breathing in there. Now if they could just stop pieces of brick from the top of the tower from flaking away...

Re: !

Merper said:
fabulous pic btw.

Assuming you're talking to me and not Joe, then thanks! It's a personal favorite of mine.

terrific picture. Makes me feel all Orwellian inside. That could be the Ministry of Truth.

both pics are awesome really, but i was specifically referring to the second.

I realized that most of you guys haven't seen my work from last year since I didn't join this board until that June or so. And seeming how the picture-a-day has slowed down around here, I figure I'll throw up a few.

I'm feeling the sepia tone today

dscf00321wf5.jpg

that building angers me. i can't get over the fact that they included a surface parking lot in the design; where were the Nimbys???

- nowhere because this building isn't tall.

What building is this? Is the surface lot a reservation for future expansion of the building?

10 St. James Avenue in Boston's "midtown" Park Plaza district.

http://www.emporis.com/en/wm/bu/?id=119311

On both the north and south sides of the tower (to the west of it) there are parking lots, which I imagine with one or two floors of underground parking could have made for a much nicer ambience, but I believe the building framing the lots was built long before the 2001 tower, so who knows what was feasible..

Liberty Mutual Owns those surface parking lots, what a waste of space.

referring to the 10 St. James building, its my impression that 2/3 of the construction surrounding those new parking lots are part of the 'new' construction, meaning it was designed that way from the start.

Could they build out that space? Certainly, its a parking lot, but I don't think it was built with that intention.

kz1000ps said:
Hmm somehow I am not familiar with that building that is going under renovation. Which building is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back