Photo of the Day, Boston Style - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_9838.jpg

To answer your question Bowwest, yes it is. A few lots east of Exeter St. to be exact.

ZenZen said:
Holy Cow! I like that pic. It only the city and the buildings were really that bright at night.

Thanks. Here are a couple more I took that night.

IMG_9143.jpg

IMG_9155.jpg

Me attempting to show a very cool building and a bit of what makes it very cool.

VB5Pan.jpg

..no offense Briv, but i'm not seeing it.

That thing should have been part of proper development from the start, and i find it insulting that plenty of money was spent beautifying these structures, like putting lipstick on a pig.

I find it hilarious the politicians from south boston fought tooth and nail against the patriots stadium; and then they completely missed this mess of a structure right in the middle of their new waterfront.

Re: ...

Merper said:
..no offense Briv, but i'm not seeing it.

That thing should have been part of proper development from the start, and i find it insulting that plenty of money was spent beautifying these structures, like putting lipstick on a pig.

No offense taken, Merper. I used to hate this building with a passion. Today I consider it my favorite building, visually at least, in the Seaport.

That photo shows a cool little 3way conversation going on between the vent building, the Backbay, and the Fort Point.

Look at how it's exhaust stacks echo the Backbay skyline to its left in the photo. Probably unintentional, but still pretty interesting. What Im pretty sure is intentional, though, is it's relationship with whats going on to its right. The vent building is an abstract version of the vista immediately beyond it-- the Fed Reserve standing over the polychromatic brick Fort Point district.

I can go on and on about why I really like this thing, but I'll spare you guys and this thread.

I like the shot for those reasons too. I think it's just the idea of the vent that gets me :)

But I like it anyway. I like having the Fed. Reserve building so nicely shot because it is rare to find such a good angle (it's hidden on most sides, and on good angles to see it, its the ugly side of the building)

Merper, you're so warm it's like the interior of this building with none of those units turned on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back