Photo of the Day, Boston Style - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had to post the 300th post since I haven't been around much lately either :)

I haven't taken a picture with my camera for almost 2 months now... :(

Almost time for the Head of the Charles again!

DSC_0011PS.jpg

Love the tower (and how the metal "pulls away" from the glass portion), hate the base. Straight out of the 1950s -- lame.

I think that the 'base' there is a different building which is indeed from the 50s. :)

The base of West Village H (the tower 2 posts above) looks just like the rest of the tower. the part of West Village H that comes toward my camera was built with the rest of the building in 2004.

It just looks weird from that angle...

I don't know, I guess just looking at that building every day, I feel like the base looks just like the rest. I think the reason it looks weird in the first image is because they have flaps coming from the windows and from that angle, the flaps make it look like there are no windows...

That's the thing.. from any vantage point other than straight on, the fins make the building look like it has a dull vertical repetition pattern that blocks out the glazed facade. The building is all-right, but I'm not sure what the fins do for it, aesthetically or functionally (it gets sun only later on in the day).

Those photos really bring out the 111 Huntington crown as an echo of the Christian science mother ship dome.

justin

I wish I had my camera yesterday for that, and I also wish i started the pictures about 10 minutes earlier, but oh well. I'll get another chance!

DSC_0029.jpg

Nice pictures castevens.

I always found it funny that The Colonnade Hotel lacked a colonnnade.

that picture is pre-green colonnade :)

And thanks for the compliment :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back