Photo of the Day, Boston Style - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im a little crooked, huh? thats what i get for lining it up with the top of a diagonal building

DSC_0101.jpg

fpcsteeplelq3.jpg

The Boston skyline from the steeple of First Parish Church in Dorchester this afternoon. Boston DPW salt and sand storage facility in the foreground.

^ Love the way you captured the relentless texture of the buildings on the left.

Unintentionally counterbalanced by the near total absence of texture from those on the right.

Finally got my new camera! Expect many more pictures from now on. Here's 1970 Comm. Ave.:

1970.jpg

bowesst said:
ZenZen said:
Holy Cow! I like that pic. It only the city and the buildings were really that bright at night.

Thanks. Here are a couple more I took that night.

IMG_9143.jpg

IMG_9155.jpg

Bowesst, got any more of these awesome night shots?

Unfortunately I was only able to get a few that night before I got kicked off of the Louis Boston property. Here are a few other ones though.

img6846ay6.jpg

I think it was about -10 with the windchill when I took this. I had to take my gloves off to work the camera too. :lol:
img7621aw0.jpg

Nice picture of a dreary building. Belongs in The Bronx.

And it's all I see out of my living room windows.

Anway, a good bit of late season color left on the Reservoir (taken today):

CHR.jpg

JoeGallows, you just missed the pique. Still pretty though.

Boswesst, take it easy on Ablarc. Sure, he can be the board's curmudgeon from time to time, but his observations are right more often than they are wrong, IMO. That photo posted by Joe Gallows is beautiful, but I think hes right about the building in general. Seen from street-level, it does look like something outta the Bronx, and I'm not even sure that's an insult...I think it may be a compliment.

Yes, Ablarc can be hard on new(ish) development, but I think its just because he knows this city can be more than what it is. This is just a case of Ablarc being Ablarc.

BTW, Bowesst, that last photo you posted of the BPL belongs on a goddam postcard. Ive never seen it before, and its amazing. Awesome.

briv said:
JoeGallows, you just missed the pique. Still pretty though.

Boswesst, take it easy on Ablarc. Sure, he can be the board's curmudgeon from time to time, but his observations are right more often than they are wrong, IMO. That photo posted by Joe Gallows is beautiful, but I think hes right about the building in general. Seen from street-level, it does look like something outta the Bronx, and I'm not even sure that's an insult...I think it may be a compliment.

Yes, Ablarc can be hard on new(ish) development, but I think its just because he knows this city can be more than what it is. This is just a case of Ablarc being Ablarc.

BTW, Bowesst, that last photo you posted of the BPL belongs on a goddam postcard. Ive never seen it before, and its amazing. Awesome.

I know, I'm just giving him a hard time. :lol: I just think most people look at the photo of the day from an artistic mindset rather than a critial one. Atleast I do anyway.

img64332yx7.jpg

Thanks for posting that. I'm thinking about submitting some. It would be kind of cool if they ended up using one for a brochure or something like that. Have any recommendations for which ones to send in?

bowesst said:
Thanks for posting that. I'm thinking about submitting some. It would be kind of cool if they ended up using one for a brochure or something like that. Have any recommendations for which ones to send in?

The night shot of library. That one is a winner.

bowesst said:

The shot from the pru, overlooking fenway at sunset. BTW i'd like to make that a background again. Is it on this forum anywhere or was it destroyed in the archboston fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back