Photo of the Day, Boston Style - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.
006si3.jpg

^ Who says Boston doesn't have a great skyline?!

justin

^ New Yorkers?

By the way I love the cell pictures, grainy and awesome

bowesst said:
Amazing, 115 Winthrop Street went up already? It looks a lot different than the rendering. I thought it will be all glass.

Jk, great pic of NYC

Is that from a window at International Place, or One Financial Center?

Nice shot. Were you in International Place? The Custom House looks fantastic from that angle because you can see the base and the tower. I think it must be one of the most beautiful skyscrapers in the world.

Yes, Its IP...

But its not from a window, I had access to the roof. I shot a number of pictures in all directions... I thought the one I posted earlier turned out the best.
I agree about the Custom House, by far my favorite building in the City. I wish I had captured the top of it in this photo.

P4060195.jpg

Re: Yes, Its IP...

z-money said:
But its not from a window, I had access to the roof. I shot a number of pictures in all directions... I thought the one I posted earlier turned out the best.
I agree about the Custom House, by far my favorite building in the City. I wish I had captured the top of it in this photo.

These are amazing. You should make a separate thread and post them all.

^ wow that actually looks pretty nice. Fort Point channel has all the makings of a great urban canal.

i dunno about "all" the makings. it currently lacks enough public uses on either side of the canal to make it any sort of destination, and all the new construction in the area is forced by Kressel and Vivian into providing so much 'open space' on the canal sides of new construction instead of properly framing the existing open space of the canal. Right now, its really little more than an aquatic barrier/obstacle.

And am I the only one who finds the Intercontinental blase, short, stumpy, generally uninspired, and mostly just awkwardly clunky? To me it looks like a big box store with a glass building on top. Just because its "sharp" and new doesn't make it good.

Wow I really like this facade of the Intercontinental.
Is it true that the building to the right of the Intercontinental (Brick & Green Glazing) was condemned as a result of faulty pilings?

Independence Wharf? I see people in that building all the time.

I think they should modernize the bridge with one of those wacky design that they have in Europe.

FenwayPike.jpg

Me using satellite photography to "prove" that the wall is not 310 feet away from home plate, and also to see how far a home run has to be hit to get it on the Mass Pike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back