Photo of the Day, Boston Style - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.
0612310054.jpg

^^ If only the Archstone residence could be around the same height as the Millennium Towers. It would have looked a lot sleeky.

When I look at that I can only mournfully utter the words "start over".

Keep in mind that this picture is taken almost directly over the Mass Pike.

kz1000ps said:
Where was that taken?

Longwood. It's the Blackfan crane reflected by the Harvard research building.

I was looking through my summer pictures...

stitch1.jpg

TC said:
Keep in mind that this picture is taken almost directly over the Mass Pike.

Bad excuse. Just because there wasn't a vintage 19th century streetscape there before doesn't mean something better could have been created.

From the '70s

Random eye candy from the library: this came from a study released in 2002 concerning transportation issues to be addressed through 2000-10

Line thickness denotes traffic volume

I, for one, prefer the brutalist style park in front of trinity church over what exists there now, fountain and all. This area appears more of a bona fide gathering place than a suburban green.

Government center still is disgusting but a government center on a mini-scale right in back bay works perfectly.

The Brutalist version of Copley Square didn't work very well. Being depressed from the street level, it became a 'hangout' for street people, and many people didn't feel safe walking through it at night.

The current version facilitates various concert series during the warm months, as well as a farmer's market. People genuinely like being there.

Some crappy shots I took from a plane on a really gray day using my cell.

bostonair2007004.jpg

bostonair2007003.jpg

bostonair2007002.jpg

A green rectangle sticks out from the otherwise gray scene, near the bottom of the last photo. What is it?

^ It's the East Boston Stadium and Recreation Center

Nice; I love the cityscape of Allston/Brighton. If only other parts of Boston/Cambridge/Somerville had been developed so intensely and preserved their streetcar lines. Boston would be like a brick Vienna!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back