Photo of the Day, Boston Style - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Next crazy MFA picture?

DSC_6548p.jpg

I always thought the MFA frowned upon photography in the halls.

Learn something new every day.

The MFA is one of the few museums that allow photography, they do not allow flash.

Or if everything after 1900 was replaced with something with thought.

This must be old as I don,t see the Clarendon? Very nice though,I've got to learn how to take pix's at nite!

Wait, that's actually Boston? Wow....we've come a long way...and that Chris Craft farthest right is one of my favorite boats ever, restored they look so beautiful.

Imagine that vista with all the modern towers added into the Back Bay...Boston would have the physical makeup of Montreal. The current Financial District could have been restyled as an "old town".

I thought the city looked boring, this afternoon. Maybe it was just my mood.

bboring.jpg

Yes, the city view from that vantage point really bites. The word cosmopolitan is not the first or second or third thing that comes to mind. So boring for sure.

Although from that angle you can tell how tall all the downtown buildings really are because you're down at sea level, right up next to downtown, and there's absolutely nothing blocking your view. When you're over on the Cambridge side of the Charles, Beacon Hill blocks your view (plus you're farther away). The same thing's true when you come over the N Washington St Bridge.

Yet I find the city quite attractive if you're further away in that same direction, for instance on a ferry boat slowly approaching Rowes Wharf.

View from the boat coming from the airport is the most spectacular view of the city IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back