Photo of the Day, Boston Style - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine is driving up Memorial Dr in Cambridge where you see the entire skyline. I love how the Pru and Hancock looms and then you see the Financial cluster way back. Makes the skyline seem like it stretches farther than it does.

I might have to second that ^. I recently experienced it in a car I wasn't driving for the very first time, and it was quite engrossing -- especially how BU's skyline seemed to seamlessly blend into the Back Bay's.

View from the boat coming from the airport is the most spectacular view of the city IMO
Rowe's Wharf's arch makes it so --with an assist from the Custom House.

Both are Beaux-Arts projects --one chronologically, and both spiritually. Beaux-Arts rules!

^thats one of my favorites, although, in order, i would have to say 1) coming down the hill on route two after passing Mitt Romneys temple, you get a whole panorama of the whole city above...its shortly before you reach alewife. 2) heading out of logan. 3) would be memorial drive.

3251320156_bac891ac66_b.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/beantown/3251320156/

I just had to flip it. It's crazy good. Even better than Pop-tarts. I watermarked it so no one would be confused.

2dtztqc.jpg

Wow that is pretty cool. I was trying to get the reflection of the second Zakim tower's red light, but I couldn't zoom out that far without seeing the railing that was keeping me from falling into the water.

Although I must say I'm overall glad that railing was there :)

Those clouds are pretty impressive, but the exposure shows that you cut and pasted the buildings on top of those clouds, huh?

If you were trying to make it look realistic, you'd need to make sure the buildings in the Christian Science Center (and the Pru and 111 Huntington) are the same exposure as the clouds -- and you forgot to copy the antenna on the Pru, and in between the crown on top of 111 Huntington you can see the real sky

Those clouds are pretty impressive, but the exposure shows that you cut and pasted the buildings on top of those clouds, huh?

If you were trying to make it look realistic, you'd need to make sure the buildings in the Christian Science Center (and the Pru and 111 Huntington) are the same exposure as the clouds -- and you forgot to copy the antenna on the Pru, and in between the crown on top of 111 Huntington you can see the real sky

good eye

both shots were taken with a holga so exposure is a crapshot and not enough detail with a plastic lens to do a proper photoshop job (hence the lack of antenna and the crown of 111)

what camera do you use for the above shots by the way?

I work with a Nikon D70, it's almost 4 years old now (which makes it 3.9 years obsolete in this age)

Pretty neat daimio1. I got my girlfriend a holga for xmas but haven't had any film processed yet. That shot gives me some ideas.

I use a D50 myself and am a big fan. It is also almost 4 years old.

Pretty neat daimio1. I got my girlfriend a holga for xmas but haven't had any film processed yet. That shot gives me some ideas.

I use a D50 myself and am a big fan. It is also almost 4 years old.

the holga is a sweet camera if you have the patience for it. i did some heavy modifications on mine so i can adjust shutter speed, aperture, aspect ratio and the vignetting.

here are some pics i took up your way on the casco bay

3255494623_ba8792a0cf.jpg

3255494909_512a8d9f1a.jpg

3256325416_98c6721d3a.jpg

3255499987_7f89acebdd_b.jpg

^ Same building in both shots?

Why did they lose the neon?

Did they change the grade level?

Did they spend money to make the place less attractive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back