Photo of the Day, Boston Style - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, that's incredible. I spend most of my time in the Back Bay -- Pru, Hancock, 111 -- area of Boston, so it's easy to forget that this does exist in Boston
I'm just the opposite. I see this stuff everyday, but still feel like a bit of a tourist when I make it over to the Back Bay. :)

That's a pretty empty street you're all gawking at.

Had to go to shaws in east boston spotted a crane peeking up behind the plaza so I walked behind it(the building).
196.jpg
199.jpg
201.jpg
202.jpg
203-1.jpg
204.jpg
See the crane thread for the rest.

To save you 30 seconds on google:

An anachronism (from the Greek "ana" "ανά", "against, anti-", and "chronos" "χρόνος", "time") is an error in chronology, especially a chronological misplacing of persons, events, objects, or customs in regard to each other. The item is often an object, but may be a verbal expression, a technology, a philosophical idea, a musical style, a material, a custom, or anything else so closely associated with a particular period in time that it seems odd when placed outside its origins.
-Wikipedia

If you squint you can imagine that Anthony's Pier 4 locomotive as part of some kitsch exhibit on an expanded ICA grounds.

Hi all. This seems as good a place as any for a first post.

Not to jinx us with respect to the weather, but...
108394507.jpg

Nice! That little spot of red was just what that photo needed.

Welcome, piggiston.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back