Photo of the Day, Boston Style - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.
"A good man for a great city"

Doesn't a great city deserve a great man?

The Photojournalist said:
"Hey, man, you don't talk to the Colonel. You listen to him. The man's enlarged my mind. He's a poet-warrior in the classic sense. I mean sometimes he'll... uh... well, you'll say "hello" to him, right? And he'll just walk right by you. He won't even notice you. And suddenly he'll grab you, and he'll throw you in a corner, and he'll say, "do you know that 'if' is the middle word in life? If you can keep your head when all about you are losing theirs and blaming it on you, if you can trust yourself when all men doubt you"... I mean I'm no, I can't... I'm a little man, I'm a little man, he's... he's a great man. I should have been a pair of ragged claws scuttling across floors of silent seas...

A Foggy Night in Boston.

Drove around took a bunch of night shots last week.

3909711974_f3df9f8716_b.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gmack24/3909711974/

Fantastic! I'd rather see that as the image at the top of Boston's Wikipedia page than the current boring shot of the Back Bay skyline. Several major cities have similar montages - see Beijing for example.

I always loved that view of the Millenium Towers closing in that end of Washington St from Downtown Crossing.

Both of those are great pics and the one of Milleneum Towers perfectly illustrates why I think they are the best development in the last decade.

We need more of those around here. And not just in Nantucket Sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back