Photo of the Day, Boston Style: Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.
5222145117_14998983ec_b.jpg

Custom House tower from Christopher Columbus Park

5227678179_7e77372cce_o.jpg

GMACK, I'm not sure what kind of "sway" I hold, but I would like to nominate that for photo of the year!

From 12/4

IMG_9079.jpg

the garage towers(both waterfrt/gov. center) would really stand out from this veiw

That is beautiful and kinda makes me homesick. Where is that taken from, Prospect Hill?

It's from the roof of the library at Tufts. Here is a larger, not quite full panorama (to the right of this you can see the giant tv towers in Newton/Needham, and the Alewife "cluster")

IMG_9099.jpg

That's a view I haven't seen before, very nice.

That Tufts view is great!

Here's something from a couple of weeks ago.

5191360764_3080bb82ee_b_d.jpg

Taking off from Logan the other day -

1120412828_77uKX-L.jpg

1120414379_zvZFH-L.jpg

1120415358_vTCXL-L.jpg

1120416412_FY6xs-L.jpg

It always suprised me that Cambridge dose'nt have more residental highrise's to take advangtage of the skyline veiws,U think the river would be lined with them! I've asked this before along with others dos'e Cambridge have a hieght limit?

I'm not sure, but it does have wild n' crazy NIMBYs.

Keep in mind the best views of the skyline are all monopolized by MIT's river frontage. Cambridgeport looks out over BU and the Doubletree, so the skyline views here aren't the sexiest possible.

There's also very little transit along the Charles in Cambridgeport; it's a long walk to the Red Line at Central. Makes high density development more difficult.

Bottom right-hand corner of photo 3 you can see that the Salvation Army building is now completely torn down, ready for building the Liberty Mutual tower.

And further upstream, a lot more river frontage is taken up by Harvard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back