Photo of the Day, Boston Style: Part VII (2014)

14783711123_2e09e055e8_b.jpg

14646958671_0c1e7d6b1b_b.jpg

^ Everyone make a mental note that the MIT lawn will make for a great place to watch the Four Seasons Tower rise.

kz, that last photo is everything. Love it love it love it.

A couple photos I snapped yesterday evening from the water, unfortunately with my phone. The first image will look very different in a few years:

^ It's good to see they're spreading those light green umbrellas around more. And here's a shot I snapped yesterday...

14678751819_5cf4ae43f6_b.jpg

Could they have picked a better color? I don't think so.

I walk the RKG every Thursday when I return home from the Seaport area. The great photos you took show how much the area has improved and people from the area enjoy the parks and eating at the food trucks. This is what I experience every week during decent weather. There is room for improvement but think of what we had there before! The only thing that I miss about the central arterty is the guy who used to sell cheap T shirts near Quincy Market.

Tango, thanks, here's a recent sampling of TripAdvisor comments about the beauty of Boston from people visiting from other places.

Laura S
Rockville Centre, New York

“Beautiful Boston”
Reviewed July 25, 2014 NEW
The entire city of Boston is just gorgeous. From the old structures to the new, its like jumping back in time, but still being up to par. Its one of my favorite cities in the United States. There is tons of activities to do, beautiful restaurants, and I especially love all the old english folklore and ghost stories. Not to mention, its PATSNATION heaven!

Visited November 2013

Pernille2912
Copenhagen, Denmark

“City walk”
Reviewed August 6, 2014 NEW
Nice and cosy place. Easy access to parking facilities. Plenty of restaurants an cafees. We fell in love with Boston

teensmommaraff
long island, ny

“Just Love Boston...something for everyone”
Reviewed August 5, 2014 NEW
Street performers entertained us. People were excited and friendly....met people from all over the world and the U.S. Families, singles, couples, older folks, handicapped people...everyone can enjoy the waterfront...get an Italian ice or some finger foods and just relax...sprinklers for the kids...nice.

Max M
Toronto, Canada

“A wonderful way to pass the day”
Reviewed August 5, 2014 NEW
This was a wonderful place to walk -- the entire city is beautiful, with green spaces, water falls/fountains, play and community areas, and other public spaces for people to gather. You got a real sense of community; absolutely loved Boston.

Ottawa_uhl
Ottawa, Canada

“A monument to Past Visionaries”
The Boston Common is a great urban park laid out over 350 years ago. It has a cornucopia of activities and venues, there are open air theatres, free showings of Shakespeare were on offer as I was passing, band stands, small lake, baseball fields the double as a Quiddich pitch (there was a game in progress that Sunday afternoon). The Commons was established for the enjoyment of all and it the perfect green space crowning central Boston. Boston is fortunate to have such a legacy, such vision and prescience is beyond the reach of most modern politicians and urban planners.

Mich B
Knokke-Heist, Belgium

“Check out North End of Boston!”
Boston is beautiful and all of is definitely worth visiting. Do it by foot, so you can enjoy the environment and absorb the wonders of Boston!

Visited July 2014

EdMc, thanks so much for your real, real nice pictorial of the Greenway. I'm so impressed with the beautiful, kept-up landscaping including the plantings in the urns and large pots. Looks like the landscapers are taking great pride in their work!!

Thanks, Bud, I don't remember seeing one piece of paper on the ground. The Greenway is being taken care of.

Could they have picked a better color? I don't think so.

Nope. Every single time I see them I think "damn those look great," no joke.

This, however, has never looked good to me and it just might win my vote for ugliest tower in the city:

14678856807_9de0ae6215_b.jpg

If you've never made it down to the Watertown Dam, I can't recommend it enough. Beautiful area.

Back