Photo of the Day, Boston Style: Part VIII (2015)

18601489053_9d56e352d6_b.jpg

I know MassDOT has been talking about rebuilding Comm Ave but are there any plans floating around? It reeks of dirty old Boston (not that that is a bad thing).

on such a beautiful warm day i present you these
b7ViZ6G.jpg
nwi6XbK.jpg
SyBzRCg.jpg
aKbWQO7.jpg
AKH7oiw.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know if anyone saw it but later in the day the L'Hermione was flying a GIANT white-ish/blue-ish flag off it's stern. Anyone get the story behind that flag?

I can't help but think when I look at Beeline's pics of the tall ships with Harbor Towers looming over the scene in second pic and the Boston Harbor Hotel and Residences sorta right in the middle of things in the first pic, that, in all the years I've followed ArchBoston, I've never once heard the residents of the Residences at the Boston Harbor Hotel ever complain about their views possibly being blocked, the construction of new buildings, the Big Dig, the Greenway, etc. In fact, their waterfront area is so active with concerts, the Harbor Walk, visiting ships, events of all kinds and never a peep from the residents there. On the other hand, the residents of Harbor Towers have complained, whined, bleated, sued, etc. over about everything, they even had a say in what the Greenway in front of their buildings should be (a quiet lawn, no activity or noise if possible please), the complete opposite of their neighbors next door. Maybe I'm wrong but have the residents of the Harbor Hotel complex ever raised hell about anything? IMO, they just seem to be a classy group of people who enjoy living in the middle of it all and don't mind sharing their space with others.

Back