Photo of the Day, Boston Style: Part X (2017)

I owned a condo in that building from the first photo until about 2008. A building with potential and some interesting features, but terribly maintained. What prompted you to take a snap of that one, just out of curiosity?

I owned a condo in that building from the first photo until about 2008. A building with potential and some interesting features, but terribly maintained. What prompted you to take a snap of that one, just out of curiosity?

I pretty much just liked the way the other buildings (or are they part of the same building?) framed the windows in the middle of the shot. Also, the lighting/shadows made the whole thing kind of ominous looking.

I pretty much just liked the way the other buildings (or are they part of the same building?) framed the windows in the middle of the shot. Also, the lighting/shadows made the whole thing kind of ominous looking.

same building; pretty typical turn-of-the-century U court type of joint. definitely "ominous" looking at the moment (would be way less so if the condo association, as a whole -- it's really just one terrible slumlord standing in the way -- would be open to some basic maintenance).

fFwGD8k.jpg

^ NST looked best with just the light bars...no balconies or crown lighting.

Im probably wrong but it looks like Cambridge next to memorial drive.

As mentioned above - that's Watertown branch, next to Cambridge waterworks at fresh pond

Back