Photo of the Day, Boston Style: Part XV (2021)

F4503951-95AD-4E97-B8A4-0446B4BF569D.jpeg
95097A08-9F4A-40CA-8CB5-03B19FFB32A5.jpeg
DF6CA075-18D3-4668-BB5A-3769672D1DA7.jpeg
CE062782-78FA-4866-A52C-6F1070AD32CB.jpeg
97EE81CC-405B-4221-9023-CDE324993111.jpeg

That picture of the Proctor Building is fantastic. I just looked on Google street view and the skeleton was there in November 2019 too. Different stance, looks like he was trying to climb the building. Anyone know if there's a story here?

That picture of the Proctor Building is fantastic. I just looked on Google street view and the skeleton was there in November 2019 too. Different stance, looks like he was trying to climb the building. Anyone know if there's a story here?

I'm also glad to see Andre the Giant still imploring us to OBEY.

GO RISD!

Looks like the top of the crane is about the same height as the new tower under construction ?

No it's from Prospect Hill. There's a back entrance here that's a quick walk to the top for when the gate is closed and you can't drive up (ie for November-April).
https://www.google.com/maps/@42.381...4!1sZuuB5zWK0V6XjtEBzzXu4g!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

Does Brandeis have a skyline view somewhere? Can you link me where it is?

I graduated there in '87. There is a very nice terrace with a great skyline view at the old Usen Castle (that has been horribly modernized/cut in half - go figure, the one NICE architectural specimen on an incredibly ugly campus on a beautiful hill). Don't get me started on how some supposedly cultured people had a beautiful natural canvas and threw dirt on it for decades.

Usen Castle - you'll see the remnants of one of its turrets - is on Loop Road. There should be a terrace on the downslope of the hill.

This is what it used to look like

1614359391383.png

This is what I can find of it now, sadly they left only one or two turrets up (you'll have a nice skyline view from the center portion of that building)

1614359566643.png

Last edited:
Usen Castle - you'll see the remnants of one of its turrets - is on Loop Road. There should be a terrace on the downslope of the hill.

This is what it used to look like

View attachment 10620
This is what I can find of it now, sadly they left only one or two turrets up (you'll have a nice skyline view from the center portion of that building)

Do I have to be inside of a building to get the view? Or is it just from climbing the hill? Is the public able to go to these turrets your refer to?

Do I have to be inside of a building to get the view? Or is it just from climbing the hill? Is the public able to go to these turrets your refer to?

Honestly, I haven't been back since a 20th reunion in 2007. There used to be a nice terrace there. with a great view. My guess is if you get inside to the 4th floor or the roof, it would be optimal, but I think it is a dorm. Best is probably to drive that Loop Road and see if the terrace is there. I remember the view was pretty nice of the skyline, but probably not much different from your Prospect Hill today.

Honestly, I haven't been back since a 20th reunion in 2007. There used to be a nice terrace there. with a great view. My guess is if you get inside to the 4th floor or the roof, it would be optimal, but I think it is a dorm. Best is probably to drive that Loop Road and see if the terrace is there. I remember the view was pretty nice of the skyline, but probably not much different from your Prospect Hill today.

Thanks for the info, will look into it next time I'm in that area!

Back