Photo of the Day, Boston Style: Part XV (2021)

Comm Ave on a sunny Friday

51111231790_be3a892646_b.jpg

51110362603_8fde46a04e_b.jpg

51111231325_9f904331d6_b.jpg

51110362173_2827928534_b.jpg

51109890147_61059e05be_b.jpg

51110203864_aeacac4185_b.jpg

51110203819_1dc3078898_b.jpg

There's been alot of highly publicized tut-tutting of spring break in FLA this year, but there's not a lot of "social distancing" going on in that Esplanade pic yesterday.........

Yeah, it was a bit crowded in the Back Bay this weekend for my liking. The good thing is that it's very difficult (not impossible) to spread outdoors, at distance. I can't say for certain with that picture specifically but I'd say over 90% of people I walked by in the ~hour I was out walking around were wearing masks.

Alternatively, took a small jaunt through Portsmouth at 9pm Friday and there was a club operating as if everything was normal, and probably around 40% of people wearing masks outside.

More from this weekend:
DSC_7887 (2).JPG

DSC_7952 (2).JPG

Yeah, it was a bit crowded in the Back Bay this weekend for my liking. The good thing is that it's very difficult (not impossible) to spread outdoors, at distance. I can't say for certain with that picture specifically but I'd say over 90% of people I walked by in the ~hour I was out walking around were wearing masks.

I was living in NYC up until the end of February and I long ago gave up on the idea of prim and proper 6-foot social distancing when out in either Boston or NY just because it's so frequently impossible. I'd absolutely maintain distance when I could but my expectations got revised downwards long ago to the point where I don't pay it much mind. I'm not saying it's the best mindset but that's what the cities have conditioned me for.

Having said that, it's been my observation that public mask wearing has steadily crept upwards since the first big wave, as in last summer when it was maybe 60% (or at least that's what I saw in NYC) to now where I'd say it's gotta be approaching 95%.

Last edited:
I'm sure the person on the left was expounding on the details of the Green Building across the river! :geek:

She's describing to her friend that they sometimes play Tetris on the windows of that building at night. The twist is that she's a student there, and the Tetris reigns are being passed down to her next month. She has big plans to delight the masses.

I've been so locked inside this Spring I was shocked to see those are from 2 days ago :rolleyes:... I'll be glad to go back to the office soon.

Back