Photo of the Day, Boston Style: Part XVI (2022)

51956608182_0b2ea8715d_k.jpg

51957657458_bb1f69d451_k.jpg

Am I the only one who loves these 1950s era brick high rises? I know a lot of people dont like them. I think theres an under appreciation of good background buildings, they really let the star buildings like the hancock or empire state building shine without drawing too much attention. I dont really consider a city to be a real city unless theres a few of these scattered around. The thing I dont like is many of the ground level activation these buildings have, but the ones that are built above a retail base that fit in to the street wall are great. I like cities with a bit of grit and many different phases of architecture. I absolutely hate the skylines of texas. Ill take the mix of styles over generations over dozens of rando pomo buildings any day.

Am I the only one who loves these 1950s era brick high rises?

I like pretty much anything from the 1950's, architecturally and otherwise, so yes, I do like the 1950s tall apartment buildings. Understated, classy, and clean. this one ^ is, so much better than the ones in Charles River Park (i.e., clunky and soviet looking).

Back