Photo of the Day, Boston Style: Part XVIII (2024)

Seeing the photos of Haymarket reminded me of my experience at Gordon Ramsay's Burger restaurant that looks out onto Blackstone Street. It was "OK" but nothing amazing. The burger bun was actually cold on the bottom, but I didn't see him run out and yell at anyone. :) Has anyone eaten there to enjoy the view of the Haymarket?

IMG_4303.jpeg

This would be a nice skyline shot, if not for that pesky SoMa building hogging the photo… </sarcasm>

Very common sight for Brighton: a stupid-ass giant monster truck parked in a bus stop (from my helmet cam):

View attachment 49324
And how come those never seem to get towed, but if I park in a resident spot for three minutes -- long enough to pick up takout from a restaurant -- I get ticketed?

More like "Vermont Style" for these 2, taken from Vermont State University in Lyndonville, 4/8. Was it the worst traffic I have ever experience in my life? The answer is unequivocably yes. It took 11 hours to get to the North Shore from Lake Willoughby Vermont. In particular I should have stuck with 91 to 89, the same way I came up in the morning (which was bad enough and took about 5.5 hours, approximately double the normal driving time). Instead I tried taking 93S to go home and the traffic jam leading up the single-lane portion of 93 in Franconia took me 5:40 to get 8.5 miles. I told my son we could have driven from Boston to within view of Philadelphia in the time it took us to travel less than 10 miles. Also, it was totally demoralizing hitting that jam at 9:20 pm and not making it to the merge until 3 am., and still having over 150 miles to go from there.

Overall my son and I agreed that we were very happy that we went, and every bit as happy that we'll never have to do it again.

Eclipse 2024 - Vermont by David Z, on Flickr

Eclipse 2024 - Vermont by David Z, on Flickr

Newbury during the Marathon.
I have no idea how so many people got there! There was no on-street parking, and you couldn't even drive down Newbury or Boylston. How does that work? Come to think of it... how did I get there?
No matter. It was a beautiful day!

1713462513183.jpeg

Back