Pier 4 Condo Building (Former Anthony's site) | Seaport

39736313481_cd80743fc5_b.jpg

38838052025_44f8709d73_b.jpg

39736310031_58929ec920_b.jpg

Just curious, where exactly are you standing for this photo? I was under the impression that the Pier 4 condos would not have a straight line picturesque view to the archway of the Boston Harbor Hotel, but this angle makes it seem like it's possible.

for·got·ten
/fərˈɡätn/

past participle of forget.

synonyms: unremembered, out of mind, past recollection, beyond/past recall, consigned to oblivion; More

the misty, cold, foggy, barren, Godforsaken, windswept wasteland – will soon be alayyvve.

i still think this crazy thing is retarded.

it will be a pita to get from one side of the foggy windswept rock to the other.

Just curious, where exactly are you standing for this photo? I was under the impression that the Pier 4 condos would not have a straight line picturesque view to the archway of the Boston Harbor Hotel, but this angle makes it seem like it's possible.

It was taken along the Harbor Towers' property, just around the bend from the oversize chairs. I shared this picture to the Innovation District thread but here it is again, showing exactly where I was. As for the views, I believe your impression is correct; that or just the tip of it (just the tip!) will have views of the archway.

39027296724_95490f5097_b.jpg

Lots of nice pics today, Beeline, thanks. Strange not to see any balconies included into the frame of the building. Will be interesting to see how they're eventually attached.

We've been calling this 128-by-the-Sea but I think Stamford-by-the-Sea is more analogous.

Stamford is already by the sea, except unlike the seaport there's actual rail service there.

Not directly to the sea. Although it is a short walk and there is a "trolley" for those who are afraid of the neighborhood (mix of dilapidated historic houses and many new apartments).

Stamford is already by the sea, except unlike the seaport there's actual rail service there.

Oh please, let's conveniently forget that South Station is a 15 minute walk away. Stamford has absolutely nothing over the Seaport, so how about we stop this nonsense?

This thread actually made me spend a few minutes clicking around Stamford on Google Streetview, since I generally just drive by on the highway (if I go that way at all, which is already rare). I'll tell you, the downtown surprised me! There were some nice dense streets in there, and a much better urban feel than I anticipated. I will definitely have to stop for a short walk next time I am in that area and really see it for myself.

Ok, back to our regularly scheduled bickering.

passed through Stamford night before last.

dense and stubby.

15 minute walks to trains is fine now for urban cores? I was making a joke, of course Stamford isn't better than what's basically downtown, but no way.

There's also the Silver Line but that's just ceding the point that the Seaport will always be bottlenecked by people getting off a train at SS to switch to buses. I don't really find that acceptable or sustainable.

Back