Pier 4 Condo Building (Former Anthony's site) | Seaport

surprisingly a very civil discussion erupted here, congrats we won the internet today!

Fuck that. Are you insane?

The FAR for this site proves gross negligence at every step of the process.

The Seaport is ruined and has become a tax haven for evil wealth hoarders.

It's the greatest theft of the people's public lands in the history of Boston. :)

It's the greatest theft of the people's public lands in the history of Boston. :)

also, nothing is tall enough and city hall is ugly.

also, nothing is tall enough and city hall is ugly.

Alucobond sucks.

cca

Oh.. silly me, I get it now.

Seaport is racist!

There. :)

^ Great shots. Especially appreciative of the zoomed in photos!

I assume the covering on the side of the curtain wall is temporary, any idea why this is done?

I can't answer your question completely.. I assume it has to do with protection as they progress with the build (this side with the covering is further along than the other side). But I can say that the covering is temporary. It's covering glass panels.

Interesting isn't it? If you look at the section where the masonry has been installed, you can see some kind of structure exposed where I assume the balconies will be. I wonder if they are using a more intense system to get a really good thermal separation?

http://www.pier4bostonluxury.com/?u...term=pier 4 condos&utm_content=Brand - Phrase

So, my question is, when are the balconies (as shown in the renderings on the website) being attached? This is the first residential building that I've ever seen where the balcony wasn't included as part of the original framework of the building.

I'd describe the massing of this as "Uri Geller got hold of a cruise ship."

Not a fan.

I think all buildings going forward should look like cruise ships.

Better than glass rectangles

Loving how that glass came out on that. I think this could be one of the best things that goes up in the Seaport. It has one the most unique massing, and doesn't go to the max height which is actually a breath of fresh air.

Yes; the step up/s starting at the Fish Pier gradually rising all the way back to the Financial District is quite well done.

Back