Pier 4 Condo Building (Former Anthony's site) | Seaport

Hmmm.. honestly, I’m not too sure about how the brick facing is coming out so far. I hope I’m just overreacting to something incomplete. I’ve been a big fan of this project otherwise.

Beautiful. Just add a few benches or other types of seating along with some of the retail/restaurants opening up, and it'll be complete.

I was just thinking about the side of the office building by the water. On one hand, the view/scenery is nice enough where retail would make sense. On the other hand, you'd really have to be walking down that side of the building to even know if anything exists, being that it's the other side of the Marina. It's certainly part of the Harborwalk, but I would wonder about the foot traffic volume, even after the condo is completed. More restaurants are probably the most practical retail option.

I was just thinking about the side of the office building by the water. On one hand, the view/scenery is nice enough where retail would make sense. On the other hand, you'd really have to be walking down that side of the building to even know if anything exists, being that it's the other side of the Marina. It's certainly part of the Harborwalk, but I would wonder about the foot traffic volume, even after the condo is completed. More restaurants are probably the most practical retail option.

I have to agree -- I look at that setting and it screams restaurant!

43279293694_7b9e53d119_h.jpg

43998030741_b76481d023_h.jpg

43279314704_719d30eea0_h.jpg

43279316204_868cf3b3b2_h.jpg

43279317914_3c0b30ff96_h.jpg

43279292534_7622ca358b_h.jpg

Still no balconies!

Haha, that’s my line! And at this point in time, I’m guessing that the balconies will be attached, fully formed, lifted up to each space by using the crane.

Haha, that’s my line! And at this point in time, I’m guessing that the balconies will be attached, fully formed, lifted up to each space by using the crane.

Boy, I hope the balconies add some texture and color to this, the brick looks extremely sterile in person, ruining an otherwise great building!

I wonder if Anthony's Pier 4 will move back in there.

As of now Anthony's closed and theres no plans for it to open again. They sold the land so they would have to rent in one of the buildings but they haven't expressed any desire in doing so. Probably because they got their money, they made out like bandits, and it wouldn't be Anthony's. You can put any restaurant in there really, if they put one called Anthony's it would be in name only because the old wood framed building at the end of pier 4 alone from everything else made it what it was. You don't have that anymore and it would just be another restaurant in the ground floor of a glass tower. I mean it could still be cool if they had the mementos from inside Anthony's in the new restaurant, maybe the chairs, booths, the menu...etc so it could be done... they just haven't expressed any desire so far. Maybe someone else could get the go ahead to do it and get the pictures of whitey lol and other celebrities they had on the wall to frame and put in the new spot. Could be kind of cool.

Back