Pier 4 Condo Building (Former Anthony's site) | Seaport

This is a very troll-y comment. Whats the point?

cca

So you call a lifetime Boston Citizen a troll for his opinion. -NICE-

Just curious are you from Boston or are you a just a transplant?

Boston would be a much better city if 'lifetime Boston citizens' of your ilk found a new place to live. I've heard Mississippi's lovely. And cheap!

That also does not matter. Being from anywhere does not give anyone a free pass. Just be cool.

cca

I dont get the lifetime Boston citizen thing.... so it's ok to make kinda racist comments? You feel entitled cuz you're from here?

I dont get the lifetime Boston citizen thing.... so it's ok to make kinda racist comments? You feel entitled cuz you're from here?

What was the racist comment? I was just responding to him calling me a TROLL.

Why don't we move this discussion out of the pier 4 Condo building and into the Troll calling name message board. Then I can hash it out with you mentally challenged individuals.

If the left and right sides of the balconies are to be solid, as this pic suggests, the light brick color of the building will be broken up, and take on so much more interest. I'm usually all about glass lined balconies but, in this case, I think these partially solid balconies will add an eye-catching feature to the building.

The render shows Seaport-side of balconies solid, Harbor-side glass.

The render shows Seaport-side of balconies solid, Harbor-side glass.

I know, and there are other renderings which show both Harborside and Seaport side balconies (it's totally confusing since I once thought the balconies were glass sided) as being partially solid as shown in renderings found below in luxuryboston. Hopefully, all the balconies will be partially solid. We'll just have to wait and see. In any case, it'll be a cool addition to the waterfront.

http://www.luxuryboston.com/Pier-4-Condos

Does anyone know if Anthony's will return?

It will not. It may have already been previously mentioned, but here's an excerpt from the website:

Inspired by the Anthony’s legacy, PIER 4 has a rich history of fine dining. We’re proud to announce the latest addition to that history with the Seaport’s first farm-to-table restaurant. Renowned culinary mind Kristin Canty – whose name you may recognize from Concord’s popular Woods Hill Table – is bringing her passion for sustainable sourcing to life at her newest restaurant in PIER 4.

hmmm the renders show a more textured brick than what were seeing. I don't know if the balconies will actually do enough in that case. Hopefully theyll weather nicely and add some texture. At least the glass is great looking.

The Harborwalk on the south side of the ICA was closed again on Saturday.

44562834305_34001d10d6_h.jpg

43659603830_fb69c804e5_h.jpg
[/url]

44751788464_4da9562b4d_h.jpg

43659601010_e523e26cca_h.jpg
[/url]

44751787484_8bb8a7944c_h.jpg

43659598260_3c509d1cd6_h.jpg

43659613380_06c30322b1_h.jpg

43659595670_a830e20b73_h.jpg

Thanks for the pics, steve...

I really wish the ICA would spend the money to clad the "ribbon" on the south-facing facade in wood, to match the underside of the cantilever over the Harborwalk. This was Diller Scofidio + Renfro's original intention. Even Alucobond would be an improvement over the stucco-like material we see today.

Thanks for the pics, steve...

I really wish the ICA would spend the money to clad the "ribbon" on the south-facing facade in wood, to match the underside of the cantilever over the Harborwalk. This was Diller Scofidio + Renfro's original intention. Even Alucobond would be an improvement over the stucco-like material we see today.

Vertical wood will look terrible in 1.5 years unless it is refinished every year. No owner will ever do that ... you could do something fake though but I dont think the ICA would do that either. I think we are living with this solution (like it or not)

cca

Vertical wood will look terrible in 1.5 years unless it is refinished every year. No owner will ever do that...

Fair enough. Slap some red paint on it then, and bring the (dowdy new) ICA logo down onto the ribbon, using it as an integral signboard. My tastes often run toward the austere, but the spartan and joyless exterior promotes an antiquated stereotype of the "inaccessibility" of contemporary art.

My $0.02...

Fair enough. Slap some red paint on it then, and bring the (dowdy new) ICA logo down onto the ribbon, using it as an integral signboard. My tastes often run toward the austere, but the spartan and joyless exterior promotes an antiquated stereotype of the "inaccessibility" of contemporary art.

My $0.02...

I truely believe that they think of that side of the building as the back. Its the service entrance side and they want the porch to be the focus. I understand where you are coming from and agree that it could be better.

cca

I'm curiously confident that once the glass windows are, the currently lifeless façade material will 'pop' in a good way. Or perhaps I'm just being carried forward by my aspirational hopes, or giddy from the recent Sox victory.

Back