Roof:

8476300507_d0689ea352_b.jpg

Site:

8477390516_713384c04f_b.jpg

West elevation is underwhelming, but far from bad:

8476299673_6f5f7342f2_b.jpg

East:

8477388806_2a8f32194d_b.jpg

South....one of the advantages of using metal panelling aka Alucobond is you can pull off gradient changes like this (which I am a fan of):

8477388568_9cf68f1ab5_b.jpg

8477388264_b20913d00e_b.jpg

8476298845_b046fdee5a_b.jpg

Circulation:

8477388902_2e19f7d9dc_b.jpg

Note there is no space provided in this building for parking, and that's where the skybridge comes into effect--its main purpose is to allow residents and shoppers to park in Trilogy's existing garage. No doubt this required a bit for forethought on the part of Samuels, and the area will be all the better for it.

Re: The Point (Boylston/Brookline)

OMG ... "includes a roof-top pool" ...

Until V.E. happens.

Of course it's a slab with a triangular base. Was Flatironing it that infeasible?

Looks more like a roof top puddle. They could make it a hot tub for year around disease spreading fun.

Handsome. A tower filling the entire footprint though would have quite a big butt. Yep.

Last edited:

Anyone else think it looks like a Star Destroyer from above (the 'site' map shows that best)?

Love it. Flatiron would have been cool, but I think you would have needed to go taller to get a really impressive effect. As it's designed we've got a reasonably tall, slender tower on two stories of residential. Color me hard!
But just one question: the renderings seem to show a material other than precast concrete panels. I thought anything other than precast was verboten in Boston?

It's not at all what I expected, but the sawtooth design could be really impressive. Every iteration Sameuls has done has been aesthetically better, so I'm looking forward to how this will turn out.

As for the negative VE comments, is there any evidence of this in his previous projects? They all seem to be quality to me, and I've even had the pleasure of being inside 1330 Boylston a few times. Classy

I like it. Beats the crap out of the Nashua Street Residences.

After reading the PNF, I love it. No new parking. I repeat; no new parking! Good added residential density with retail, pedestrian and bike accommodations, and NO NEW PARKING. Wins all around for Fenway.

On a somewhat related note: after looking at the traffic counts in the PNF, Park Street really could use a road diet.

Looks pretty good to me. The tower may not fill the entire lot but at least the ground levels do. And the fact there is no new parking, as noted in the post above, is something I consider a plus.

Its looks more like a Commercial building then a residential building aside from the roof top pool.

I like it. I think that while Flatironed version would be more cool to look at it will have at least 2 issues at its fat end:
1. more windowless floor area, which is tough for residential building
2. more obstruction for Trilogy windows might impact rents there

-sarkis

I like it. I think that while Flatironed version would be more cool to look at it will have at least 2 issues at its fat end:
1. more windowless floor area, which is tough for residential building
2. more obstruction for Trilogy windows might impact rents there

-sarkis

I believe those units are long term leased to Harvard for grad school housing.

Kind of related to this: I noticed in the renderings the lawn in front of the landmark center hasn't been green-lit. What is the status of that project? I wonder if Park Drive could be tucked closer to the nose of The Point and the Landmark Center to get rid of that heinous parking lot and get more parkland.

Kind of related to this: I noticed in the renderings the lawn in front of the landmark center hasn't been green-lit. What is the status of that project? I wonder if Park Drive could be tucked closer to the nose of The Point and the Landmark Center to get rid of that heinous parking lot and get more parkland.

Also kind of related. Anyone know whats going on with the park itself? The whole thing has been torn up and all the trees cut down. There were a few bulldozers and an excavator there.

This project is a long time coming and what's on the table looks very promising. I only wish more of the parcel was occupied by the building itself. This would be more like Trilogy.....where every single square inch is occupied by massing and you feel inappropriate on the tiny sidewalk.

The are restoring the muddy river so it doesn't flow. This will daylight more of the river and make the area more Olmsted esque, which is good.

Also, Harvard only has a portion of trilogy and it is not the point facing side, so I imagine trilogy rent impacts were factored in

Wasn't there a community meeting to present the final (engineered) design to the neighborhood earlier in the month? I vaguely remember reading something in the Courant or Fenway News.

Back